Search results

1. A

Baby Furniture

I'm looking for ideas for all types of baby furniture, from high chairs to cribs and everything in between. I'm going to be designing a few sets to be sold, so I wont be making any exact copies of anything you guys show me, but I need a little inspiration so let me see what you got.
  2. A

Problems with my planer

Hey guys a got a DW735 planer and it has been acting up lately. When I put a piece of wood through it it goes really slow and leaves black tire marks on it and the last time I tried it just stopped completely and completely ruined the work. Has anybody else ever had this problem and if so do...
  3. A

Car Batteries

Is there a safe way of giving myself a jump start by connecting my car directly to my house electricity?
  4. A

What would you do (router decisons)

Hey guys, I am having a bit of trouble making a decision here. I own a Bosch 1619EVS 3 1/4 HP plunge router that I, up until now, was planning on making my dedicated table router. Woodpecker makes an awesome plunge lift for it that makes it perfect for table routing. My problem is that the...
  5. A

Tool Pride

Over past 2 or 4 years, I've noticed that a lot of people take far too much pride in the tools they own. Festool and Mini Max owners especially, seem to jump on anybody who says anything bad about those brands and I also noticed that a lot of people are quick to say something bad about those...
  6. A

Interested in Carving

Since carving was brought up in that other thread, I just can't stop thinking about it, so now I have some questions for those of you in the know. What are some good starter tools for one who wants to get into carving, in his spare time? By starter tools I don't mean cheap throw away tools, I...
  7. A

How Did You Get Introduced to Woodworking?

Its funny when I think back about 6 or 7 years ago, not only did I not know anything about fine furniture, but I also hated the way wood looked. Now I study every piece of furniture I see just to see if I can get any useful ideas from it and I am constantly amazed at the true beauty of wood...
  8. A

Frank Pellow gone?

Anybody know what happened to Frank? I noticed that he hasn't been on in a while and his last post didn't seem like a happy post.
  9. A

Shaper AND Router Table?

Hey, guys, I've been thinking about building a really good router table but in my research, I've discovered that building a router table can get pretty costly. Not to mention the cost of a new router for handeld use. So I was wondering, I am planning on buying a shaper anyway, and the one I am...
  10. A

What kind of computer are you using?

Just curious what kind of computer everybody is using. I've used PCs my whole life but I am planning on switching over to a Mac when the new OS comes out this fall. I have been studying up on them a lot lately, and Macs just seem to suit my work style more than PCs do. I will probably install...
  11. A

Wall question

Hey guys, Im making a wall with a door for a client, and I was just wondering if anybody had any suggestions on how to attach the wall to the other walls. The other walls are concrete and this wall will be made with 1.5 x 4s covered with ply. Part will be varnished part will be painted. I have...
  12. A

Welding

I have little (very little) experience with welding and one of my clients wants me to weld the hinges to his doors to the metal door frames. This is a common practice here so I was thinking that it might be a good idea to buy my own machine instead of borrowing from my cousin. So I was...
  13. A

Hello FW

:wave: Hi everybody, I finally got myself registered here. There are quite a few people that I know here, so I kinda dont even feel like this is my first post, but I thought I'd say hi anyway. I've been really busy lately and I will continue to be so for a long while, but I will be on from...