Search results

1. Jon Lanier

Buffalo Bullet Pencil Holders

A long time in posting anything new. Well, I got a few things done. We are going to be going to Pigeon Forge this week and we are setting up a booth. Here are some new items for us. Buffalo Bullet Pencil holders: This one is Dyed Blue Box Elder. Cocobolo Walnut This is a Copper Silk...
  2. Jon Lanier

We Finally have our Little girl.

Well, after having all boys in the house we finally have a little girl her name is Leah. Josh is going to be the 'main' care taker of Leah. He is really excited. Oh... Leah is a Labra-Doodle. I thought a good name would have been Snicker... but he wanted to go Star Wars.
  3. Jon Lanier

Bowl, Spalted Maple

Spalted Maple, 8" round and 3" high and around 1/4" thick. Two coats of shellac and three coats of hand rubbed Poly.
  4. Jon Lanier

My First $300 Pen

Elvis is back in the building. This is a commissioned piece for a die hard Elvis fan. It is a Jr Emperor with Alt Ivory blanks. I put the photo work together and sheet music (Can't Stop Falling In Love) together and Ken Nelson did my engraving. Along the bottom of the pen is an exact replica of...
  5. Jon Lanier

Bulldog Euro Pen

omeone asked if I could do this for them. Took forever to get the dye just right (or so it seemed) and I think it turned out pretty good.
  6. Jon Lanier

Bradford Pear

This wood came from the wind storm a while back. It is a Bradford Pear that came down in a church family's yard. The lady really loved that tree so this is going to be a slight rememberance for her. I'm planning on giving it 'back' to her tomorrow night. It is about 8" around at the rim and...
  7. Jon Lanier

Show Me the Money

Okay, how about some shredded money. Here are two different styles of Wallstreet II pens with the shredded money blanks. The blanks where purchased out of Arizona Silhouette.
  8. Jon Lanier

Another Boring Spalted Bowl

Yep, here is another one. Sorry about the redundancy of the bowls. I could tell that this one did not have as much 'movement' and 'color' as the other ones, so I decided to try to give it a little something to give it more vitality. What do you all think? Thanks.
  9. Jon Lanier

A Couple More Spalted Maple Bowls

Just finished these two up today.
  10. Jon Lanier

Euro's Worth more than a Euro

Hey, just trying to come up with something new for a heading. Here is 2 of 10 Euro's I've done. One is Dyed Blue Boxe Elder with a CSUSA Nickle plating. And the other is "some kind of wood" that is curly. I know its not Maple, I got it is a blank swap. I wanted to make the curl pop better...
  11. Jon Lanier

Wife Did a Good Turn

Well no, she didn't turning anything on the lathe. Our dryer unexpectedly broke down (Motor) and it needs to be replaced. I told her to take my pens to work and she can take whatever she sells and put it towards a new dryer. She sold only one (1) pen for $35.00. She also took a bunch of...
  12. Jon Lanier

Selling and Sharing Time of Year

Well, trying to get the inventory up a bit for the big Christmas rush on pens. :santa: Hopefully I'll sell them, what I don't sell may go as some gifts to family and friends. Here is yesterdays bit of work. I'm getting ready to head down to the shop and get some more done.
  13. Jon Lanier

Cherry Bowl and a Nice Visit

I had the pleasure of visiting with Tom Keen Thursday evening. Tom is a super nice guy and was very patient with this dyslexic who gets up/down mixed up at times. The plan was for me to learn how to turn a natural edge bowl on his larger lathe. And, to learn how to properly use a fingernail bowl...
  14. Jon Lanier

American Doll (Canopy Bed)

Oh no! It's not turned.... It's.... (gulp) Flat work! I was asked if I could made a couple beds for an American Doll. And I first thought, whoa, my wife wants a new bed..... and then I found out it is a special doll little girls play with. They just wanted the frame and they are going to...
  15. Jon Lanier

Attempted Tea Light

I had seen this little chunk tossed away in a pile and thought I'd give a tea light a shot. I think next time I have something this eroded I'll boost it with thick CA.
  16. Jon Lanier

Vase w/collar a 1st

Yep, you guessed more Spalted Maple. This is my first ... what I would call a vase HF. With this I tried a collar out... don't know if I went through the best process of making one... but it came out okay. This is 5 1/2" high and 4 3/4" in diameter. I did much better in keeping the thickness...
  17. Jon Lanier

1st Hollow Form

Okay, it didn't blow. Here is my first HF. Spalted Maple 8" x 3"
  18. Jon Lanier

Spalted Bowl w/HF pic

Here is another finished Spalted Maple Bowl. This one is about 6.5 inches at the top. Finish is 2 coats of Shellac then a couple coats of Wipe on Poly. Here is another Hollow Form I'm attempting. I was working on it last night when I decided to bring it up and show my wife the progress. So...
  19. Jon Lanier

Almost Hollow Form

This was my first attempt at a Hollow Form. As you can see it had a decent shape. All things were going well until it blew... But as you can see I was able to salvage the HF into a bowl. This is Spalted Maple and is about 7" round and about 2.75 inches high. My first Poly wipe on finish.
  20. Jon Lanier

Wood Gloat

Working out in some yards again today and came across some spalted and figured maple. We've got about 30 blanks out of it so far. I am curious how some of you sell your blanks like this on the internet? More so, how do you ship it... some of these are big and heavy.