Search results

1. Virgil Huffman

can crusher

Sorry I've been away so long so many things to do and so little time to do them. Just completed this project and even made a little video. I am a lousy actor so keep in mind I don't act look or talk like the fool in the video LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNpu5mL4wdw
  2. Virgil Huffman

mountain lion

Some might remember my project of Tigger http://www.familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17851&highlight=tigger I just had to try a realistic version so I carved a mountain lion, it's about 4 foot long and about 24" high. I know the snarl isn't accurate , but then I have never had a...
  3. Virgil Huffman

End Grain Flooring?

I have an enclosed porch, with a crawl space underneath, standard construction with 2 x 6 walls and 3 sliding glass doors, with a floor area 10 x 15. My question is......has anyone here tried making their own end grain flooring. I have seen other sites that do it for a living but when I have...
  4. Virgil Huffman

Tigger

I know this isn't a chainsaw site but this is a project I did for my granddaughter. Since I have so many intrest I dabble in just about everything. This is my second attempt at chainsaw carving. Of course I used other tools too but the rough shape was all done with a chainsaw. Or should I say 3...
  5. Virgil Huffman

Pez collection

This is what my wife and I made our grand daughter for Christmas We made 3 of these shelves. Each one holds 76 with a grand total of 228 pez dispensers. I didn't do too good on the characture painting, I'm usually better than that but she was still thrilled. So far she has 1 shelf completely...
  6. Virgil Huffman

Portable chop saw stand

Well, here is my design and creation. Norm Abram I'm not LOL Being retired and picking up odd jobs I use my chop saw a lot and needed a stand that was portable. Yes I could have went out and bought one but this was a lot of fun and the thought of having that money in my pocket was a nice...
  7. Virgil Huffman

V groove in log?

Hello fellow woodworkers, I have a problem that has been causing me many sleepless nights. I have a vacation home with rustic furnishings. I have used pine logs and made everything from gun racks to end tables, beds, etc My problem.....I am wanting to build a standard dresser but on the edges...
  8. Virgil Huffman

performax website?

I just bought a used Performax 16/32 and so far I love it. The one thing I didn't get with it is the instruction booklet. Does anyone know what their website is so I can download or request one. If not does anyone have one they can download and send me. Any help would be appreciated. Virgil
  9. Virgil Huffman

Enclosed dust collector shed

Hello all, I live in Ohio where winters can be mild to cold. Summers are always warm. I only heat my uninsulated shop on the weekends in the winter. Now that you know the temperture extremes and conditions of my shop here is my question. Right now I have a 3hp grizzly dual bag dust...
  10. Virgil Huffman

chop saw stand?

I hope I put this in the right forum if not feel free to move it to the correct one. Has anyone made a portable chop saw stand that doesn't weigh a ton. I know there are hundreds of models produced but looking for ideas to build one for myself. I want something small and compact but also strong...
  11. Virgil Huffman

granddaughters toybox

Here is a toybox I made for my granddaughter Janelle. Made with recycled pine boards from my own design. It took 8 hours to handpaint the picture on it. Never dreamed blonde hair would be so hard to paint. LOL Virgil
  12. Virgil Huffman

woodworkers/harley owners?

Hi friends, New member to this forum and am happy I found this forum. Here is a project I completed a few years ago after laying a 72 shovelhead down in a thunderstorm and ending up with a broken hip. This is a 1/2 scale model of my pride and joy, a 1965 Harley panhead. 90% of it is scrap wood...