Search results

1. Chuck Thoits

For Rob

Her ya go Rob post and beam installed after the house is done. This is what we have been working on for the last week or so.
  2. Chuck Thoits

Happy New Year update

Happy New Year and just because I can I stood on my own two feet to ring in the new year. This ridding around in a wheelchair days are numbered. It's still gonna be a while before I can get back to work but that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.......Hope it's not a train...
  3. Chuck Thoits

coping trim

When I stared out one of the first things I was taught was how to use a coping saw for odd shaped trim and crown molding. A few years ago when I was at home I found that cutting it with the saw and then fine tuning it with my 36 x 1 belt sander worked pretty good. Yesterday an old friend tells...
  4. Chuck Thoits

Warning graphic photos from my fall "xrays"

Here is what the damage looked like and what the doc did for the pelvis.
  5. Chuck Thoits

Now this is a tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3lBiNTRQ-s
  6. Chuck Thoits

It's wood yha know

So we were looking at a table for sale in the Pennsic marketplace. As we looked it over with the master craftsman my wife notes that the boards are not the same length. She asks if this is going to bother me. He pipes up with a response of well the table is made out of wood, wood is natural and...
  7. Chuck Thoits

Some of you guys might like to watch this

Pretty cool cutting board if you ask me. A while back someone said if you have sen one cutting board you have seen them all. :thumb::thumb: http://boredomtherapy.com/diy-cutting-board/2/?as=6038415871484&pas=1&shr=true
  8. Chuck Thoits

Had to make a new tool today

My body guy needs a pair of saw horses to put my jeep on. So I made him these today. Merry Christmas everyone
  9. Chuck Thoits

And the Katahdin begins

I'll see if I can take you guys along for the ride. We had to take a quick ride to Houlton Maine to order our building.
  10. Chuck Thoits

fancy wood

Had an addition to the family ordered them special with fancy wood. A Henry Golden Boy and a Golden Boy Silver Eagle both in 22LR. The new fancy wood gun rack is out in the shop waiting on finish and flocking.
  11. Chuck Thoits

Looks like Tom Niemi could use some good vibes.

James Niemi just posted this on Facebook Well Dad is in the hospital after falling backwards down 4 stairs on to his back. I know this doesn't sound bad but with ankylosing spondylitis this is a very serious thing. He has fractured 3 vertebras and is most likely going to require some surgery...
  12. Chuck Thoits

Not my job

This is an example of the craftsmanship that we must endure bidding against. Notice the carrying stick for the deck is about a foot from the edge of the deck. Held up by 4x4's. Then we have a 6x6 holding up the roof sitting on the rim joist. I could go on for a long time but it pains me to...
  13. Chuck Thoits

Straight line

My boy Bruce can't cut a straight line
  14. Chuck Thoits

RV floor

I may have stepped in it this time. At the last show I sold my camper yup packed my stuff and walked home so to say. It went west and I went east. Well I found a new camper through a friend, 20 years newer than the old one and with a slide twice as big. Now the hitch in my giddy up the floor is...
  15. Chuck Thoits

Happy Birthday

Vaughn:b-day_cake::b-day_cake::b-day_cake:
  16. Chuck Thoits

I couldn't figure out how to add a pic to the sam thread

So I am waiting for the guy we are going to help to get ready this morning. Standing in the kitchen and I spy this chair in the living room pretty sure it's a Sam M Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
  17. Chuck Thoits

I think it is a sam m chair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
  18. Chuck Thoits

Found this in a wall today

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
  19. Chuck Thoits

Just in case someone is looking

for a big bandsaw http://nh.craigslist.org/hvo/4396245441.html
  20. Chuck Thoits

Sander

Ok guys it's need to know time wide belt or drum which is better and why? I know which cost more money :thumb::rofl: