Search results

1. Aaron Beaver

Multiple side by side boards question

You know that bed I am making which has a lot of small boards side by side. How would you make those to allow for expansion, would you do a lap joint like what I have shown or something else?
  2. Aaron Beaver

Footboard/Headboard wood arrangement

I am building a bed out of walnut and I know some are very opposed to using walnut sapwood in a walnut project, but if you don't mind sapwood, what do you think of this mock up that I did for the footboard and headboard?
  3. Aaron Beaver

Raised Panels for a bed

I will be making the bed in the attached picture at some point, right now I am just trying to figure everything out and get things ready. One question I have for the group is: How would you do the panels? What bits would you use, what shape/profile would look good for the panels? I have never...
  4. Aaron Beaver

Footboard Top rail

Just getting a head start on this issue. I am going to build a bed for my daughter and this is what the top rail for the foot board needs to look like. It's a full sized bed, so 5 feet long or so. How would you make this piece? It's 3/4" thick at the bottom, maybe 1.5" thick at the thickest...
  5. Aaron Beaver

Wipe On Poly is streaking

I am trying to finish up a bed and I am putting the poly on the side rails, bed was originally a toddler bed and now be converted to a full size. I am using Watco Wipe On Poly which I have used in the past and have never had an issue with it. I used this same stuff when it was a toddler bed...
  6. Aaron Beaver

Shop Layout Question

I have moved and am finally working on getting the shop laid out so I can get some electrical ran that is needed. Do you guys see any major issues with this layout? The only thing I don't like is the router table and miter saw placement as if I have long pieces on the router table I will have...
  7. Aaron Beaver

Crib (3-in-1 bed)

Here is a 3 in 1 bed I made for our little one. Here is all the pieces needed Here is the what the crib will look like Here is the toddler bed Here is the full size bed (side rails not completely done in picture) Here are a few shots of the crib finished along with my signature...
  8. Aaron Beaver

Land Line Free??

Anyone here Land line free? We are considering doing it since most people call our cell phones and we don't use it for long distance. Wanted to see if any is and if they have had any issues not having a land line. Our biggest issues is the security system, but we will probably drop that...
  9. Aaron Beaver

SU Import Images

Here is what I am trying to do easily. I have a large image (jpeg) that is of several other images of various sizes, picture one large image in the middle, then several smaller images around it. What I am doing is taking the original image and cropping out each individual image and saving them...
  10. Aaron Beaver

Anyone recognize this pic?

I am trying to find where I first met the fella that had this for his profile picture (avatar) I just can remember what forum I originally met him on, so I thought I would see if anyone here knows who it belongs to. Thanks
  11. Aaron Beaver

Bathroom remodel Pics

A little progress, finally was able to get back to this after a long time. Did get the plumbing done with the new shower valve and moving the shower head up. This weekend I will be able to the next wall if not the next two, have to see how time permits. Here is the first wall with the new...
  12. Aaron Beaver

Plumbing Questions

I have to move the vertical pipes shown back about 1" due to the new shower valve being larger than the old one. I am going to cut the horizontal pipes that you can see running along the floor and move the entire vertical section back, which includes the pipe running up to the shower head...
  13. Aaron Beaver

Sheetrock Outside corner

Can I run the sheetrock as shown below and just have the corner piece hide the cavity? I don't remember how it was before and I am thinking it was the way I have shown because the "old" sheetrock isn't flush with the stud as I have it shown, it sticks out just a little, maybe a 1/8" so I am...
  14. Aaron Beaver

Sketchup moving parts

Does SU allow you to "move" things and can save it so it can be shown to others. Not talking about using tabs and slideshow, something more automated. Examples: Having a door open & close, what about gears moving in opposite directions. Just didn't know if it had any animation type...
  15. Aaron Beaver

Weird question but I have to ask (fruit)

Since there are people from all over on this board I thought it might be a good place to ask and see if its a regional thing. Does anyone have Loganberries near them (not Lingon, with an I, Logan with a O). We can buy the jam here at specialty stores when they have it and its pretty expensive...
  16. Aaron Beaver

tabs/slideshow in SU

Question: In the attached SU you can see a very rough plan of our plant. I made each segment a component and named it the year it was added. What I want to know is can you make tabs or slideshow where you go from past to present? That way I can go from one to the other and show the...
  17. Aaron Beaver

Raised Garden

Anyone have one and have any suggestions, we are considering making the one show. I have made the widest part 4' across so you only need to be able to reach 2' from each side. Looking at making it out of double stacked 2x8's or 2x10's with 4x4 corner post and bolt it all together. Then drive...
  18. Aaron Beaver

Outlook Users (question)

Can you set up some type of link/folder/contact list that you can click that will email all people associated with that link. Example: Say 4 people are working on the same job, so any emails pertaining to that job should be sent to ALL 4 people. Is there a way to set a link or something maybe...
  19. Aaron Beaver

Stu in Tokoyo

You need more powerful tow trucks. :rofl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlLC1Iy1UkE&eurl=http://www.clantoolz.com/covenoffire/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3610&feature=player_embedded
  20. Aaron Beaver

Picture Frame

I made this simple picture frame for a Christmas gift but I am mostly posting it because I bought the wood on top, Ironwood, from someone here on the forums. If they are still around just wanted to show them what I done with it.