Search results

1. Pete Simmons

Memories - What FWW is all about

Take a look at some beautiful flatwork done by our very skilled FWW Leader many years ago. A much less skilled WW added my Son's name via Laser Inlay work. Cannot find the picture I have somewhere of the inlay work. Two days ago case was used as a gift box for a brand new Cue for my 7 year...
  2. Pete Simmons

Crazy To Take a Cruise on a Cruise ship!!

Yes we knew going on a cruise ship in these days of covid was a gamble but with all the controls in place we thought it would be safe enough. We had kept very isolated for months prior to this cruise and stayed even more isolated as we approached cruise day. Had a few card games canceled with...
  3. Pete Simmons

Dirty Oily Wood - How to clean

Oil as in 100 year old used motor oil - Just got an UZI wood stock that looks to be preserved 50+ years ago by the used motor oil method then roll it in sand then cover in liquid tar. Yes it really is that bad. I think it may have been one left behind in the burning oil fields of Iraq during...
  4. Pete Simmons

Some gifts are more than just a gift

Like many of us here, over the years I have made, sold or given away hundreds of items. Many of them things that will stay in their new homes forever. Or at least a very long time. Christmas morning I think about these gifts. Makes me feel very good. Recently I saw a video with Elton John. He...
  5. Pete Simmons

Tools to a Grandson

I have an 8 year old Grandson who (I hope like me) is a builder. A few years ago he asked how many nails to build a house. His Mom said build one and count the nails. He did! This years project is a bed with a desk attached. A pretty complex project for anyone. He has a local builder who will...
  6. Pete Simmons

Found Lost Family - Ancestry DNA Test Story good enough to make a movie

Maybe to much info but I would want to tell all of you. All my life (almost 70 years) I have never known anything about my Dad then this -------- ----------------- Got an Ancestry.com DNA test as a gift from our Daughter. She like many of our family always wondered about my Dad. As of a few...
  7. Pete Simmons

Add Sub Panel in Garage - All Breaker Slots used already

150 amp ITE box All breaker slots used already Want to add a 220 volt outlet about 10 feet away. Main box now ---- 5 - 220V breakers in box many 110v breakers in box. 5 - 220's consist of 30 Dryer, 45 heat part of AC system, 30 Cool part of AC, 30 hot water and 40 Stove Any ideas? Would...
  8. Pete Simmons

Cheap Kitchen Table wood???

What are these cheap kitchen tables and chairs made out of? Can they be sanded and refinished or is it just a painted on design to make it look like wood?
  9. Pete Simmons

Tile Backsplash ideas

New kitchen is advancing. Any ideas for backsplash. Color / design?? Back wall looks white in picture but it is really a light green.
  10. Pete Simmons

Blue Electrical Boxes - Screw size and type

Have a couple of lights to go onto blue plastic electrical boxes. Lights are a little more heavy than I like. What kinda and size of screws to attach plates to the Blue Electrical box? I see a lot of drywall screws being used. I do not like that. 6-32 or 8/32 both seam to fit like they might...
  11. Pete Simmons

New Bathroom

Almost finished. Just need a little touch up. Anyone know where to get 1/2 a bath? I see them advertised often as 2 1/2 baths.
  12. Pete Simmons

Cabinet Bottom over sink -- unfinished - ideas

New cabinets over sink bottom is unfinished. Searched web this seems to be a common problem. Any ideas how to fix this up? I know paint but how about something better from the collective minds of FWW?
  13. Pete Simmons

Kitchen Sink?

Remodeling kitchen new granite counter tops. Any suggestions on type of sink? Stainless 16 , 18 gauge? Composite? We are interested in a black composite but people tell us they crack easily. My cheap stainless sink lasted 30 years just fine. Maybe I'll get a cheap stainless sink and spray...
  14. Pete Simmons

Water Damage to wood laminate flooring

Hot water heater let go last night. Caught it early but still a lot of water spread around laundry room, under walls into bedroom and living room. Any thoughts on what to do with wood laminate flooring? Seams are already raised. Less than 20% of wood flooring area damaged but is there any...
  15. Pete Simmons

New 22 year old girlfriend!

I am a lot closer to 70 years old than 22 but Dee Dee is so beautiful how could I resist. While in Curacao on a cruise ( MS Zuiderdam ) I met and picked up a new 22 year old girlfriend. Please do not mention this to my Wife. She is beautiful. Slim trim and very athletic much like myself...
  16. Pete Simmons

Grizzly Boss Shiraz is a Champion shooter

Shiraz “Three-Peats” in Canada — Wins 3rd Straight F-Open Title Shiraz Balolia Bullets.com .300 WSM F-Open Connaught Ranges Ottawa Ontario Canada Grizzly Industrial and Bullets.com President Shiraz Balolia pulled off a stunning feat of marksmanship recently, winning his third straight F-Open...
  17. Pete Simmons

Coin Box for Grandson

Not a lot of wood work but a lot of laser work. Luke is inlayed with Padauk. Coin is silver eagle of year Grandson born. Small family tree in top. List of what we were doing on that day next to coin. I have made these for all my Grandkids.
  18. Pete Simmons

Puzzle Book

Any body know more about this? http://gizmodo.com/you-must-solve-a-puzzle-to-turn-every-page-in-this-beau-1784838737 I might make one? If I could learn more about it. Buy the kit and put it together for my Grandkids. I found more info - Link I missed on main page of all places...
  19. Pete Simmons

How Many Nails to Build a House??

Another start them young. My 6 year old home schooled Grandson asked how many nails to build a house. His Mom (Home Schooler but also a certified Teacher) said well how could you find out. How about you build a house and count the nails you use. So off to home depot and the building began...
  20. Pete Simmons

Start Them Young - Pool Related

Some years ago Vaughn built a beautiful pool cue case and I inlayed my Son's name in it as a Christmas gift. Today in the start them young department is my new Grandson getting his first pool lessons from my Son Alex who uses the above mentioned pool cue case.