Search results

1. B

For Brad Hungler

Hello, I'm Brad's wife, Barb, just wanted to say a million and one thanks to everyone single person on here who made Brad's days a little better and brighter because he enjoyed this site so very much. A special thanks to Vaughn, he really respected you and thought you were a great teacher and...
  2. B

Leaking Pen

I decided to check out this pen making that seems to popular and fun. So I go to my not so local, (not sure I can say the name) pen/blank/kits/rock store. Spend $325.00 on all the cool pen blanks and polishing stuff and 7mm pen kits. I make 3 nice pens to show off at the family Easter...
  3. B

Need suggestions for painting table

These legs were my first turning project. I am pleased with the turnout. I did not have an outside micrometer so I eyeballed them. I searched past post and was not able to find a way to seal/stain or seal/paint this table. the wood is poplar and from what I did find was that poplar does not...
  4. B

New Planer & Jet Vac

I think I got great deals on this DeWalt 733 Planer & Jet Vac DC650SB & safety equipment, all 3 items for under $400. Does anybody have the planer or jet vac and what's your opinion on them?
  5. B

Travis and Alyson

Hey Travis, Well the weekend is over.:D Did you survive? What did you and Alyson do? Did she wear you out? Gotta know if an 18mo. old can exhaust a outdoorsman???:rofl::rofl:Any Barney songs stuck in your head?:rofl: Hope you had a great time!!:thumb::thumb:
  6. B

Bench legs

This is my first turning project. Don't have any calipers, had to eyeball all 4 posts. This is for a bench project. What do you think? http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii5/bradhungler/Tablelegs.jpg
  7. B

Tool room pics

As you can see its a very tight work area. When the weather warms up I can also work in the shed and have more room. Radial arm saw is on wheels, most everything else is light enough to move to the middle of the toolroom to work with...
  8. B

Leaving burn marks

I was turning some old spindles from a table my wife's mom left her when I noticed I was leaving burn marks. These spindlels are probably 50 yrs. old and have been painted and varnished a dozen times. My Question is am I leaving my gouger on the same spot too long, or am I doing something else...
  9. B

The Runt of the Litter

This is a pic of my 30 lb. cat, he was the runt of the litter, that's why I picked him, not sure what happened to him after that, but I am missing a small dog, if anybody has seen him....
  10. B

Pictures of old lathe

Here is a picture of lathe I just got. 1930s I think. Its a Delta Double Duty Lathe. I got it down to bare metal. I like the look, does anyone know what I can apply to surface to keep this look and still protect from rust? Thanks, Brad
  11. B

power cord sizes

Hello Everyone; I have heard people talking about what size wire to use when replacing cords on equipment. I highly recommend using the proper wire size. Typically what I look for is BREAKER size, Usually 20 amp for 3 prong standard outlet. While your equipment label may say it draws (example) 8...
  12. B

FIRST TIME TURNER

Hello;My name is Brad,Please let me introduce myself. I'm from Independence Ky. Master Electrician trying to learn the great art of Turning. I recently bought a 1930s Delta double duty lathe. I have approx. 20 hrs. cleaning and polishing this old lathe to get it up to par to be in the tool room...
  13. B

FIRST TURN

:wave:Hello Turners; First timer here, Cant wait to get turning! Trying to learn as much as I can so that I get hurt by flying wood or tools. A lot of what I read is too advanced. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I bought an old 11x36 Delta double duty lathe. Any starter projects...