Search results

1. Mike Forsman

FS: 6” jointer, Delta 37-195, DFW area (sold)

I have for sale a Delta 37-195 6” jointer. The jointer includes two sets of sharp replacement knifes, the jointer pal for setting the knifes, and the mobile base. All of this for $300. This jointer works really well, the only reason that I'm selling it is that I recently purchased a 12” jointer...
  2. Mike Forsman

New (to me anyway) jointer and I need some help

I had been wanting to upgrade my jointer from the 6" machine I currently have. Was thinking about on the 12" combo units. But, I ran across this at a really good deal. I brought this home on Friday. It is an older 12" jointer. Quite a step up from the 6" jointer I had previously. First picture...
  3. Mike Forsman

Aquarium Stand

Here are a couple of more detailed pictures. In the original post I should have also indicated that the trim is mahogany. I purchased the inlay part with the shell. I'm not quite ready for that yet.
  4. Mike Forsman

Marple chisel set

I have a new set of 4 Marple chisels for sale. I'm asking $20.00. I will pack them up and ship to you for actual shipping costs. They are located in the DFW area so if you want to do local pickup, you could save the shipping.
  5. Mike Forsman

Rockler Dovetail Jig and Through Template

I have a Rockler Dovetail jig and through template for sale. It is located in the DFW area. It is a little heavy, so local pickup would be best. I will pack it up and ship to for actual shipping costs. I'm asking $40.00. I have used this jig and did make dovetails with it. However I needed to do...
  6. Mike Forsman

Aquarium Stand

Here is a project that I finished up in mid December. It is made out of quited maple veneer over plywood. This was my first veneer project. I cut the veneer on the MM16. I built the vacuum press and bag based on the plans and parts from Joe Woodworker. Thanks for looking.
  7. Mike Forsman

Scrapbooking Paper Storage Shelf

I've been a little slow about posting pictures of projects that I have completed. Here is a picture of a paper storage shelf that I built for LOML. Thanks for looking.
  8. Mike Forsman

New compressed air distribution

I posted a thread in the flatwork project showcase area (http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5576) that shows an exhaust fan I built. Of course, after building it, I could not get it to the window so I had to move my compressor and re-structure my compressed air distribution...
  9. Mike Forsman

Lathe tool storage

I'm trying to get my shop a little more organized rather than just piles of stuff everywhere. So I though I would tackle getting the lathe tools organized. I have a really shortage of wall space in the shop and so I came up with this idea. It is build out of left overs from other projects. The...
  10. Mike Forsman

Air mover and Exhaust fan

I have had more time than usual in the shop lately. One of my projects was to make a paper storage shelf for LOML and her scrapbook paper. I will post pictures of that when I get it finished. She wanted the paper storage shelf painted. The last time I painted anything, the exhaust fan that I use...
  11. Mike Forsman

Any advice for making plantation shutters?

Greg, Here are some details for the tension/tilt rod attachment that I tried to describe in words. I should point out that I did use solid brass and not brass plated eye screws. Brass was much easier to bend. I also should have discussed the adjustment screw. When I built the prototype...
  12. Mike Forsman

Christmas Candle decorations

I made these Christmas candle decorations for my Wife. She saw something like this on HGTV or one of those type of stations. Described them to me. The base is made from scrap plywood that I painted white. The candle holders are made from maple that I turned on the lathe and then painted with...
  13. Mike Forsman

Christmas Presents for Family

I got some shop time right after thanksgiving and had a chance to make some Christmas presents though I would let you folks have a peek first. The first is an apricot bowl that I made for my mother-in-law. This is made from an apricot tree that we cut down from her back yard during the summer...
  14. Mike Forsman

Hello

I ran across this forum yesterday when I read about Steve Clardy's shop roof. Came over and checked it out. Seems like a really nice place and a lot of the same people. I look forward to participating. Mike