Search results

1. D

Any ideas?

Any ideas on what this was used for? My cousin found it in a thrift store.
  2. D

Garage sale find

New in the box. 10" Craftsman band saw. $50.
  3. D

Book stand

Our Priest wanted something other than an end table for the book of Gospels I built this out of birch plywood and walnut.
  4. D

Makita 12" compound slider

Not my saw, but at the Northtown Home Depot tool rental. Thought I would post it on the odd chance someone in Minnesota needs a good deal. Makita 12" dual slide compound miter saw with fold up stand. No laser. $596. Call 763-795-5408.Sold
  5. D

Hitachi nails

If anyone here uses Hitachi nailers, check out Home Depot in the tool rental area. Nails are being clearanced. The fuel cells are also on clearance.
  6. D

wine glasses in process

Due to a long story I ended up with 11 cases of wine glasses. I have been cutting the stem off and turning wood stems and bases. This one is cherry stem and walnut base. Finish will be tung oil. Glass is stuck on with RTV silicone sealant. These two are for a brother in law's 50th...
  7. D

Frank famous?

I noticed on a Toyota comercial where Jan is working out of a Camrey something the bluetooth. Pausing the dvr I was able to read the name on the display. Frank Fusco. Couldn't read the number though.
  8. D

Is this lathe worth $50?

I know, Harbor Freight doesn't have much going for it. It is sitting in a pawn shop and probably could be had for less. It comes with the spur drive, live center tail stock and a 4" face plate. I am shipping my one lathe to my son in California and just need one for doing ca finishes...
  9. D

Some acrylicx

3 razor handles and two pens. The red and orange handle is a poured one from Greg Cozad. All the ones from him seem to have faces if you look right. Boy I spell good. Acrylic, not acrylicx.
  10. D

Tribute to a friend

My friend Ken was killed in Viet Nam. He just didn't know it until the VA tied his ALS to exposure to Agent Orange. He passed 9 years ago after enduring 6 years of his body slowly shutting down. The pen is made from a .30-06 blank fired in a salute, the nib is a solid copper bullet and the...
  11. D

Ice cream, pizza and adult beverges

My sister has a birthday coming up so I made these for her. Ice cream scoop, pizza cutter and bottle opener all dressed in apple. Not fancy turnings, but functional. No finish yet, still waiting for the weather to decide what to do.
  12. D

Ridgid band saw on Mpls craigslist

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Awfully small band. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/tls/1703320238.html
  13. D

Ned?

Anyone heard from him?
  14. D

fog makes fuzz

Friday night it was really foggy so I got up early Saturday to take some pictures with the new camera. By noon it was all gone. Spock had fun.
  15. D

Craftsman 10" bandsaw

I just picked up one of these on sale for $159 after looking at the Rikon for close to $300. Are they made by the same company? The two look identical except for the paint. Hopefully it works as good as it looks. The Powermatic my neighbor gave me is obsolete so I have to have the blades...
  16. D

Streamline nib and clip

The rest kind of modified. Ebony ends and spalted apple. 10 coats thin ca for finish.
  17. D

Powershopping

My daughter and I drove out to the farm Friday so I could take care of some paperwork. On the way over to the neighbor who's son is buying the farm my van started to act funny, like the tranny was going out. (again) It quit and ran normal the rest of the way. After we left the neighbor's and...
  18. D

Interdepartment communication?

Apparently Blue Cross doesn't have it. Shortly after my mom passed away I got a condolence letter from them saying that the withdrawl for her supplimental coverage would stop. Mom died in June, they were still taking payments in August. I had her agent call (again) and they apologized and...
  19. D

Something for Ned

Here's the pictures of the tripod I need to relocate. Missing one of the knobs/levers on the head. It should be easy to replace. The feet are adjustable and have pointy things that can be screwed out for better grip on dirt or ice. It extends to 6' and lowers to around 3'. Dale
  20. D

Proof of concept. Seam ripper

The last ones I did I used the clear plastic cover. Didn't work too good. This one has a 7mm pen tube in the cover and a pop fit. Finish is rattle can laquer. Walnut from Larry.