Search results

1. Jay Caughron

Sad News about John Smith

A friend of mine said he heard on the Mechanical Music Radio the John Smith passed away. He was a member here but mostly lurked in the background of the Organ Build thread that was started by Carol Reed John was the one that pretty much started the home build Street Organ movement. He will be...
  2. Jay Caughron

Well that was fun NOT

I had a update for win10 Thursday and done a restart and then none of my browsers would work. Not Edge, Firefox, Nothing. I tried several times to uninstall the updates and when prompted to restart to complete it would reinstall the update. Never could get rid of it no mater what I tried. So...
  3. Jay Caughron

Sous Vide

Ok you guys I am thinking about getting into this any advice on which system to buy :dunno: Any advice on Chamber Vacuums
  4. Jay Caughron

Well 62 Days in a Motel is almost over

As some of you know I sold the farm in Oct and have been looking for a place to buy so I could downsize. We have been actively looking for over a year for a place. We have looked in a large surrounding area and had made one decision and that was we did NOT want to live in Branson and would NEVER...
  5. Jay Caughron

1st turnning in over 15 year inspired by Chas

I have been playing with segmented turnings after being inspired by Chas Jones work and this is my take of his cherry box turning awhile back. It is made of slick elm (red elm) with walnut and maple veneers between segments and Bubinga for the top and bottom. I had to do some cleanup after it...
  6. Jay Caughron

Flox system for sale

I have had this stuff for far to long and don't use it anymore. The flox is Brown, Green and Red with glues to go with the colors. Shaking the cans it sound like it is still liquid but have no idea about it as I don't want to open them. I will take any reasonable offer plus shipping.
  7. Jay Caughron

Why is Leo's post on thin wood locked

Why is this thread locked :huh:
  8. Jay Caughron

Finished 1 of 2 lap slide guitars

Just finished up and delivered one of the two lap slide guitars. Both body's are made of Japanese Elm. Fret board on finished one was dyed Permission with cedar fret markers and a Myrtle pick guard. The Bridge assemble is polished stainless steel with a brass bridge and it has a bone nut and...
  9. Jay Caughron

WWWAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO Bessey day 4

I won one of the second place item boy am I pumped as I now get to rub elbows with Vaughn:headbang::drool::beer::woot:
  10. Jay Caughron

See I still do woodworking

Sweet Harps ready to string up
  11. Jay Caughron

Sad News about Ken Cook

I got a email from Ken Cooks wife awhile back saying he had had a Stroke on Aug. 7th and was not doing good. I wanted to check with her before posting anything and she said to let everyone know. Hi Jay This Jo Ann Kens wife he,s not doing to good he won,t take his meds do rehab and eats very...
  12. Jay Caughron

We lost one yesterday so sad

Some of you may remember one of our members here that has not been on for some time now . Chuck Rodekohr he pasted away yesterday after fighting a battle with melanoma. Chuck and me became very good friends during the Organ build thread and he will be missed deeply. R.I.P my Friend
  13. Jay Caughron

Why I havent been around much lately

Well this is why you folks haven't seen much of me in awhile. Been working on Frog Pond Berry Farm Thats over 1000 Blueberrys and I am putting down 4500' of row cover and drip line getting ready to plant I think its going to get busy :crazy::busy:
  14. Jay Caughron

Tom Baugues Bad news good news

I just got word that our Family Member Tom Baugues was in a awful wreck on Memorial Day. He got hit head-on on his motorcycle from a women that should have never been on the road. Sounds like he got banged up pretty bad and was in the hospital for 2 days but home now and will be laid up for 8-10...
  15. Jay Caughron

Frank Fusco NEW Update 5/10

I see of Facebook where Frank is in the Hospital and looks like he is getting Bypass surgery this morning. I think it goes without saying we all wish him well and I for one will say a little prayer for him to recover quickly
  16. Jay Caughron

Better than double sided tape

Seen this on FB and thought it was a GREAT idea
  17. Jay Caughron

UPS Stopped by yesterday

And dropped off my winnins from the Bessey 12 days of Christmas
  18. Jay Caughron

First Guitar Pickups

Well these are the first ones I have done on my pickup winder that I built a long time ago. These are the ones that work:D This it PART of the ones that didn't :rofl: Yes there is a learning curve
  19. Jay Caughron

My Christmas Present arived today

Ok It finely got here today and here is the proof And it is in the shop :santa: :photographer: More to come
  20. Jay Caughron

Congrats Ken Cook

I seen where Ken was a winner also in the Bessey Christmas giveaway Congrats Buddy:wave: