Search results

1. K

Baldor Grinder question

Some time last year, I think it was December, I ordered a pair of Norton 3X grinding wheels for my Baldor grinder. Well finally the wheels arrived this week, after being back ordered. To enhance the grinding experience, I called our friends at One-way and ordered their grinding wheel balancing...
  2. K

Now this is starting to irriate me.

You may remember my post about a lady backing into my car. I have talked to the insurance company of the lady, AIG, and they have not been able to make contact with her. She will not answer messages on her cell or home phones. The adjuster has sent a letter her home address and is awaiting a...
  3. K

Another new word for your dictionary

A Friend sent this to me and I thought it was funny. Electile Dysfunction : the inability to become aroused over any of the choices for president put forth by either party in the 2008 election year.
  4. K

Straight edges on sale

at Garrett Wade. They claim to be true within .0005 per inch.
  5. K

Oh Intense Disgust

Just before noon today I had parked at our bank and was discussing our transactions with my wife. As I was about to get out of the car, the car is jolted just as if I had forgotten to put it in park and it had hit the retaining wall in front of it. The problem was that the car was in park and...
  6. K

Redux 1984

Well the boys on the left coast are at it again. I heard on the radio today that there is a movement in California to give the utility companies the right to remotely set your thermostat at what the company thinks it should be. It is promoted as an authorization to be invoked in an emergency...
  7. K

You just have to see this video

A friend sent me a link to the Kyle Lograsso video. It is long but just a great story.
  8. K

It is all about content

For some time I have been curious about the use of Ethanol in place of gasoline. I did some googling today, and found a table of energy content for various fuels. You can find the comparisons at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory website. At the ornl I found what I had been looking for...
  9. K

The ATT Dsl saga continues

As noted in a previous post, I had ATT DSl installed this last Tuesday afternoon. All appeared to go well, and I am happy with the speed.:thumb: HOwever, there is one continuing problem. It seems that all the great thinkers at ATT can't find a way to give me an Email account. It started...
  10. K

Faster than a speeding bullet

The man from MaBell came by this afternoon and installed my DSL line. It uses a Netopia modem/router/firewall box. A check at dslreports.com clocked it at 2.5Mb download and 418 Kb upload. Let the fun begin.:thumb::wave:
  11. K

OH Balogna

and any other expressions that you can conjure up. Several weeks ago I got a mailer from our local phone company, AT&T. They said with pictures and good words that DSL is now available. I had some other items on the fire so I did nothing but check on-line, and yes, I qualified for DSL...
  12. K

Super Gloat Time

After 13 years of service and driving fun, it was time to let go of my 1995 M/B C280. This afternoon I took delivery on 2007 Mercedes Benz E320 Bluetec diesel. Here are a couple pictures. Yes, Tyler Howell, it did happen.;) A couple exterior shots. Interior from the passenger's side...
  13. K

test

test, test create a poll....
  14. K

Whiteside Router bits, 20% off at Hartville Tool

Hartville Tool is having a 20% off sale on all Whiteside Router bits and router accessories during the entire month of July. Next month, August, it is 20% off Drilling and Driving Tools and accessories. September sale is 20% off Saw Tools and accessories.
  15. K

For the Guitar aficionados here assembled

I ran across this over on Wood Central and thought all you people who like to abuse the guitar might like to give a listen and perhaps even absorb some culture. (Relax, just kidding.)
  16. K

Now that is some money, at least to me

Yesterday afternoon I was at Autohaus Mercedes Benz to get my car radio installed after having it repaired. The front speakers were not working, and they had to send it out for repair. My car is a 13 year old M/B C280; the M/B for people on welfare.:rolleyes: As I was waiting for my car to...
  17. K

If you think your job has stress,

then give a listen to this audio clip. The scene is JFK airport, and the speaker is the ground controller. http://home.online.no/~chainly/JFKGround.mp3
  18. K

Old No. 7 lives again

After some research and reading, I was able to clean up the Stanley Bailey No. 7 I bought. Now the rust is off and it is covered in 'Top saver', with wax on the Japanning. I have replaced the original knob and tote with a rosewood pair from Highland Woodworking. Yesterday the UPS truck brought...
  19. K

Help me find the age of

my NO. 7 I picked up from David Turner. First off, it was in good shape with some rust, but the Japanning was about 90%. As I recall it was part of a high school shop tool sell off. I have looked at several sites and I am still confused. I am guessing it is in the 1930s through 1950s production...
  20. K

ATTENTION PET OWNERS, IMPORTANT

This morning the Dallas Morning News had an article about a nation wide recall of both DOG AND CAT FOOD. The contaminated food can lead to kidney failure and must be discontinued at once. The company, Menu Foods, makes 37 different name brands, so you really should check. To is if you have...