Search results

1. Peter Rideout

Goood Morning FW Family

Congratulations and best wishes to Jarrod and Leta!
  2. Peter Rideout

Just curious…

Thanks Jon. They’re good weights for sure, but I don’t think they’re compatible with my old setup.
  3. Peter Rideout

Just curious…

Thank you Dave. This is what a 60’s-70’s IH Farmall weight looks like. If you come across any in your travels, we’ll have a fun project getting them from rural Virginia to the Annapolis Valley.😀 The tractor pulling crowd have gathered them all up around here and will not part with any.
  4. Peter Rideout

Just curious…

That’s a very kind offer as usual, Jon. Be careful, however, I’ve been searching for three or four front end weights for my old Farmall, about 100lbs each!😄
  5. Peter Rideout

Just curious…

Thanks, guys, for the insightful comments. They do shed some light on it. This particular shipment is in the works and the supplier is on board with sending it to an intermediary. My friend in Maine will happily forward it along, in exchange for reimbursing his cost and buying him a beer or two...
  6. Peter Rideout

Just curious…

I sure don’t want to trigger a political discussion, but once again, I’m curious and mildly inconvenienced. Once in a while we have dealings with small businesses in the US who won’t ship outside that country. Today I sent off an automotive electronic module to a small company that repairs...
  7. Peter Rideout

Friday 5/3/24

Thanks Jon. That idea has real merit. Some sheep producer friends have said you need at least 50hp 4wd with proper manure fork tines to go into a sheep pack, probably because of their evil little hooves really jamming it down. However, the mini skid steer with grapple might change that rule...
  8. Peter Rideout

Friday 5/3/24

Yard work continues. Are we making progress? Dunno. Everywhere I look there’s cleanup and pruning and planting, or transplanting to do. The weather’s perfect, so we’re making the best of it. Orchard work ramped up this week and I’ve been running a sweeper/flail mower combo machine mounted on a...
  9. Peter Rideout

Happy Birthday Rennie Heuer!

Happy Birthday Rennie!
  10. Peter Rideout

Friday 4/26 ! 24 O My

No shortage of rock around here, Ted. There’s a serious quarry about ten minutes from here that welcomes small customers who want to “pick their own”. Just have to find a spot that’s been recently blasted and stay out of the way of the big machinery. It’s a workout though. Those scratching...
  11. Peter Rideout

Friday 4/26 ! 24 O My

That’s a good looking raised bed. Here we are replacing some of the “temporary” 1990’s low railway tie retaining walls with stone, which is a lot of work, but should last a long time. Nice cat wall! Has there been much celebratory caterwauling ?😀
  12. Peter Rideout

Friday 4/26 ! 24 O My

Spring work is really ratcheting up here, with sunny days and daytime temps 10-15C, comfortable for working and no bugs. The past two nights have been frosty though, down to -5C and I had to cover up some of the early perennials that have been pushing ahead in the sunshine. The frost wouldn’t...
  13. Peter Rideout

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

Years ago, I helped some friends do some yard cleanup, coincidentally right beside their nasty neighbours’ house. It involved a diesel powered industrial wood chipper like the arborists use. It was like a four-engine plane running in the yard! I highly recommend this, Vaughn, even if you have to...
  14. Peter Rideout

Nosy Neighbor Part 637

He’s actually living in this province now, about 10 minutes from us and is doing well. We talk every day and recently reminisced about those neighbour problems. Happy to report he has no such issues here. 🙂
  15. Peter Rideout

New Shop

Nice, very nice. Now your wife can have those sheep she’s always wanted😁 We could set you up with some breeding stock. It’s a bit of a drive, though. That’s a great shop.
  16. Peter Rideout

Happy Birthday Peter Rideout!

Thank you, guys, for the birthday greetings. I had a nice day, quiet and mostly indoors, but lots of fun messages from friends far and wide.
  17. Peter Rideout

Friday 03-29-24

Warm, wet weather and higher night temperatures are really bringing spring on early here. Pastures are greening up, trees and shrubs are starting to bud out. Hopefully we don’t get another cold blast, always a risk. Heavy rain is on until Sunday, but lots of interesting jobs to do in the shop...
  18. Peter Rideout

Friday 3.8.24

We’re doing some domestic logging this week. An arborist and his crew arrived Monday morning with two bucket trucks and a traffic control team and brought the last of our roadside sugar maples down on the ground. We were sorry to lose this one, which provided welcome shade from the summer sun...
  19. Peter Rideout

Friday, 2-9-24 Thread

Yours is an interesting climate and geography for sure. I’m surprised you’re still getting a bit of snow in mid February, certainly a function of the elevation. We are basically at sea level and you can ascend a couple of hundred metres on the highest inland hills. No place here is more than...