Search results

1. Ron Roase

High Buck Skill Saw

This is only a new tool to me, it's been around for some time. I could never justify spending that kind of money for a skill saw. Even when it bears the name Festool! That is until one day when I had to make 3 podiums for the Knights of Columbus. I had 3 sheets of 4X8 1/2" plywood to work with...
  2. Ron Roase

Trying to get App for Familywoodworking

I have just gotten a Galaxy Tab2 10.1 tablet and have been trying to download a App for my tablet. But all I can seem to get is one for American Family woodworking. That Just ain't the same. Does any one have a link to that app? I have Google Crome But I still seem to not find the app for Family...
  3. Ron Roase

skill saw get new home

I don't use a skill saw to much, but needed a place to store it and also make it easy to move from place to place. Some where along the way I have lost the original box. So with the help of my new Ibox I ended up with a nice sturdy case. Was glad I bought that silicone glue brush for all those...
  4. Ron Roase

High Buck Hinges

This is kind of tounge in cheek Title. I am not sorry for my actions,but every once in a while you tend to look back and.....Wow did I spend that much! Any way,A few weeks back I got the bug about getting an Ibox. I was really taken up by what I saw on FW . I ordered one and After almost 2 weeks...
  5. Ron Roase

Resipe Box

This is not a very special project. I did it just to keep busy for a few hours. Also wanted to use some Walnut I have just gotten. But main reason was to re-visit my through dove tail jig and do some stopped datoes for the bottom, and also cuting the top from the rest of the box and inserting...
  6. Ron Roase

Walnut Flooring

This is not a Question! I just wanted to share my new find. A friend of mine who is a finish carpenter brought me 8 pieces of Walnut Flooring. I have cut off all the tounge and grooves and also planed them all down to get rid of the ridges on the back side. Ending up with 5/8" thick. They vary...
  7. Ron Roase

Candeleverd Earing Box

The box Guy is Back: This Box was inspired by Frank Loyd Wright. It is a three compartment earing or small jewerly box. The base is of 1/2" maple and the drawer box is of 1/4" maple asis most of the drawer. Side supports are of Red Oak. I used a clear finish on the maple and Jocobean stain on...
  8. Ron Roase

G&G/R&R Inspired Box

OK, here goes another box ..... I keep getting ideas for another box. may not be all that good at times but at least it keeps me off the street. The box is made from Mahogany with a clear finish. The corners have some what of a G&G look to them as do the 5/16 plugs. The top is from Maple with...
  9. Ron Roase

making square plugs

Is there a tutorial on the procedure for making the pillow shaped pegs for G&G furnature. I just bought the square 3/8ths punch from Lee Vally. It works great for making the holes. But for shaping the pillow shaped plugs, I need some direction. I mak the piece about 10 thousants oversized as are...
  10. Ron Roase

Square chisel

I have in the past seen a 1/4 x1/4 or a 3/8x3/8 square chisel that you could use when making G&G type joints for the ebony plugs. It would be used in event you don't have a bench top morticer. You would drill your hole and then square it up by just hitting this chisel. I know I have seen it but...
  11. Ron Roase

Six Sided Box

Hope I am doing this right! Not sure as the format is different but will try to muddle through it. I wanted to make some thing to use for the up coming hollidays thet would be small yet usefull. So I came up with this six sided box for candy,nuts,crackers,etc. I like the color of this...
  12. Ron Roase

Hickery-Dickery Box

Strange name for my new box? Well I have never made anything from Hickery before. But I spotted this piece in my wood supply and liked the grain. It is similare to Oak but more pronounced.Anyway the bottom or main carcass of the box is Hickery. The top of the box is Mahogany with a piece of...
  13. Ron Roase

Keepsake Box Re-visited

After finishing the Keepsake Box ,kept thinking there should be more to it. Then in the middle of the night I got this idea for a couple of trays would add a nice touch to the box. Funny how all this stuff was in my head when I woke up this morning. So I started looking up some more material to...
  14. Ron Roase

Blade alingment on a Table saw.

Have a question that dose not seem to have an aswer,or at least none that makes any sence. OK I use my ajustable square from the mitter slot to a peticular tooth on the blade...wich I mark with a magic marker then slide it to the rear of the saw and ajust it till both front and back are the same...
  15. Ron Roase

Keepsake Box

Well here we go again with yet another box. This one however is a little different as there is no hardware and yet it has a levered top with a secret compartment. It is made of Red Oak & Walnut, and it is 8 inches wide and 12 inches long and 7 1/2" high. I am attempting to take pictures durring...
  16. Ron Roase

Another Box

You may get tiered of my boxes, but they are all just a bit different and also a new method of construction. There are a lot of different ways to make box joints ..... This is one I had never tried before. Takeing a scrap piece of stock about 3/4" thick 4" wide and about 12" long. This will be...
  17. Ron Roase

Clamp Storage

They allways say you cant have to many clamps! that maybe true but you also must have a place to put them. I have a few pipe clamps and a couple of very heavy duty bare clamps that hang on a small section of wall. Also about 20 one handed squeese clamps that I use on every project I do in one...
  18. Ron Roase

Walnut Box

Just another box,but some different changes for constuction. After cutting the 45% corners I cur a slot a 1/4th" down from both top & bottom and fit a tounge from each top and bottom into the slot. So everything is all grooved togather. A 45% chamfer along the bottom edge of the box gives a...
  19. Ron Roase

A KEY JIG

This is maybe not new to some but hopefully help some one. For the last box I made I needed to space out the keys in the corner of the box. This one makes it easy and does not destroy the jig in the process. It is very simple and re-usable. Just use a stop block fastend with a C clamp to ajust...
  20. Ron Roase

Coaster Set

I have been going to do this for a long time,but just never seem to get around to it. The coaster set we have is much to small for a larger size glass or cup. So This was the time. I have some Mahogany Flooring along with some Maple flooring. A relative of mine does flooring for his work. So I...