Search results

1. steve ramsey

Storage Question

How do you store your screws, nuts, bolts and washers. Revamping the shelving in my shop/garage and looking for ideas.
  2. steve ramsey

Central Machinery Dust Collector

I'm needing a dust collector in Wisconsin and curious if anyone has experience with this collector. https://www.harborfreight.com/35-gallon-2-hp-high-flow-high-capacity-dust-collector-59726.html Space and maneuverability are key factors. I would like to find a drum top collector but no...
  3. steve ramsey

Grizzly Lathe Recall

This might affect some of you: https://www.familyhandyman.com/article/grizzly-recalls-more-than-21000-wood-lathes/
  4. steve ramsey

CNC

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this, move it if necessary. My son is looking to get into a small cnc machine that will also accept a laser. Any recommendations on what he needs to look at. Also any recommendation on computer and software would help.
  5. steve ramsey

Today is the day

50 year anniversary today. Never thought I would survive till this point in my life.
  6. steve ramsey

Barn Quilt

Wife want a barn quilt for the garage. I want to use somethin that stands up to the weather and will hold latex paint. I'm seeing poly/metal panels but not sure how the latex will adhere. Quilt will be around 48"x48". Looking for options, any advice.
  7. steve ramsey

Router bit extension

Looking for a 1/2" to 1/2" router bit extension. I've tried the Amana and CMT both slipper no matter how much I tightened. Any recommendations.
  8. steve ramsey

Bench Vise

Going to build a knockdown english workbench and want to add a front vise. Any recommendations for the vise.
  9. steve ramsey

Plunge Router

Considering a new router that would primarily be used to flaten slabs. Seen good reviews on 3.25 hp Triton. Price is a little more than I wanted to spend. Sugestion/recommendations.
  10. steve ramsey

Epoxy Resins

I need to make a coffee table for the cabin in Wisconsin and I am considering a river table. Been watching a number of videos the last week and it looks doable. What I am wondering is if there is somewhat of a consensus as to brand of resin. What I have in mind will be a 4 step process, pouring...
  11. steve ramsey

Now What

Friend of mine in northern Wisconsin gifted this to me. It's +/- 30" diameter and weighs around 700 lb. The tree is either a pin oak or a red oak, I'm leaning toward a red oak. Now that I've got this thing not quite sure what to do with it. Either it stays here in Wisconsin or I cut it up and...
  12. steve ramsey

Suspicious Website

Anybody seen this. https ://try.getitfree-sample.com/aa/ZIC247/2
  13. steve ramsey

Bird Feeder In Cherry

Overall 13", top 8.5" x 4.5"h, bottom 7.5" x 3.5"h finished with linseed oil. I used cherry because that's what I have the most of. I got the idea for this when I was in Alaska.
  14. steve ramsey

Little Box

Jatoba base, Ash body and qtr swn sycamore lid. 11" long, 7" wide, 3 1/4" high.
  15. steve ramsey

Food Grade Oils

Wanting to try a food safe finish on a few bowls and the neighbor has asked me to make a cutting board for his wife. I know there is walnut oil & butcher block oil out there. Probably going to get answers from one end of the spectrum to the other but curious about your recommendations.
  16. steve ramsey

Alaskan Bowl Company

Visited this shop while in Fairbanks and got a tour of their process. They custom built the machine to turn out their nested bowls. https://www.woodbowl.com/
  17. steve ramsey

Anniversery

Today makes 48years married for us and we're off to Alaska. Been together 53 years
  18. steve ramsey

Summer Project

A few pictures of my latest project in the northwoods. Got about 40% of it decked yesterday. Hopefully I can be close to finish decking today. The new knee doesn't care for this crawling around even with knee pads. Due to schedule it will probably be late June before I can get the log railing.
  19. steve ramsey

Cutting Board Different Twist

Here is something a little different for those of you that do cutting boards.
  20. steve ramsey

Sanding Tool

Thinking of making a sanding tool along the lines of the Sorby Sandmaster but simpler. I'm thinking two rods either threaded or barbed with a machined flat surface for a bolt to go thru. I should be able to turn a head piece and glue a Velcro disc or foam pad to it. I can see what I want to do...