Search results

1. William Young

Softwood RM Bowl

The RM manual states that only hard woods should be used . That was probably because back when that manual was written , the cave man never thought anyone would use flat segmented boards to make a bowl from so there would be no end grain sanding at all . A flat one piece board or a laminated...
  2. William Young

360 Segment Bowl From A Board

I cut the hole for the decorative plug in the bottom using the Longworth chuck I finished making yesterday. 8.5" diameter bowl . Yellow heart and African mahogany and maple .
  3. William Young

60 Segment Bowl

Sixty segment bowl from a board finished off this morning.
  4. William Young

Multi Colors and Segments

Finished this one off this afternoon.
  5. William Young

Never Two The Same

This one is Rock maple , Yellowheart and Purpleheart and Walnut Finished it off this afternoon .
  6. William Young

Something A Little Different

From segments cut out to form a board yesterday To this bowl made and finished off this morning .
  7. William Young

Improved Skewed Segment Bowls

Hey , I think I'm catching on to this skewed segment concept . . .lol . . Previous ones had every other one either small or large in the bottom of the bowl . This time they are all even and exactly the same width. Also , I didn't care for the 3/4" thick foot I put on previous ones so...
  8. William Young

Twenty Four Segment Board To Bowl

This is the bowl made from the 24 segment board I cut and glued up yesterday . Anything with a checker pattern seems to sell real good for me so I would imagine this one will get snapped up for seventy nine bucks real quick at my next craft sale this coming Saturday .
  9. William Young

Sixteen Seg Board and Bowl

Glued up a 16 segment board and made a bowl from it . Here is how it turned out .
  10. William Young

Hawaii Bowl

A friend of mine in Hawaii (hawaiilad) on my Woodworking Friends site sent me some Koa and some Sandalwood in exchange for something I sent to him . Had never worked with those two woods before that are native to Hawaii so I am calling this my Hawaii Bowl . . . lol . . I made a 12...
  11. William Young

Another Large One

Just finished off this big 11.5" one . Same bowl shown at a couple different angles.
  12. William Young

I Made A Whatzit

Had some small segmented discs left over from other projects so glued them up in a stack and put it on the lathe with no idea what it was going to become. A little later it evolved into this. . It isn't a bowl and it isn't a vase so I am calling it a whatzit . . lol . . .
  13. William Young

Going To Be A Biggy .

As I have mentioned before, big bowls do not sell near as good as smaller ones in my area but I do like to keep one or two big ones on hand at all times . The laminated board for this one was 12" x 12" Here it is with the rings right off the RM and glued up and in the press . Then I...
  14. William Young

Anti=Gravity Cake

A talented woodworking member by the name of Al Hansen posted a message on the Off Topic board in my Woodworking Friends site . No , this was not a woodworking project made by him . It is a cake that was made by his daughter . Thought y'all might be interested in seeing the lovely job she made...
  15. William Young

App For This Site

Is there an app available for this site for an android smart phone ? I did a search on my phone while in the coffee shop this morning but could not find one. If not, there is probably another way of adding the site to my folder on my phone that has various WW sites in it .
  16. William Young

Whole Wheat Bread

Just discovered there is a cooking forum in this site . Way Kool :thumb: I make all my home made whole wheat bread and even mill the flour from whole hard red spring wheat berries. .
  17. William Young

My latest Bowl

At 10.00 AM yesterday this was a bunch of glued up scraps in the form of a flat board on my bench . Three hours later it was this bowl . Most of the time was glue drying time .