Search results

1. K

It's about time!

Sharon and I are traveling right now about midway through a 3800 mile, 5 week trip. Later today, God willing, we should arrive into Albuquerque where I plan on meeting up with 2 woodworking friends and their spouses. Tomorrow night, Vaughn's biggest deaf fan plans on being in the crowd. He's...
  2. K

My day is going to get busier soon so...........

while I have the time, I want to wish everybody a happy and healthy new year! Happy New Year!
  3. K

From Idaho......

Merry Christmas everybody!
  4. K

Well.....Slap my face!

I was admiring some of Bernie's toothpick holders and wanting to turn some for Christmas gifts. So I did a Google search for a tutorial and found Stu's excellent video. It has been a while since I have spent time on my lathe. I just finished painting my house. I still have a little touch up to...
  5. K

The ultimate accurate miter sled for a table saw?

I have been struggling trying to make perfect 45º miters on the corners of some boxes. My oldest son's FIL gave me the walnut a couple years ago and it's been sitting in my shop. I began trying to make some keepsake/jewelry boxes from the wood for my DIL and her mother a month or more ago. The...
  6. K

Tilt Box II?

I am considering buying a digital inclinometer, the Beal Tilt Box II. Does anyone have any experience with the Tilt Box II?
  7. K

Norm Abram's Deluxe Router Station.....

Here's my latest project I finished yesterday. Pardon the photos. The wife and I leave on a trip later this week and she has all 3 of her cameras packed. I shot these using my cell phone. The carcass is scrap 3/4" red oak plywood trimmed out in white oak. Both were left over from previous...
  8. K

Your momentary loss of concentration can cost you!

Earlier this week I began constructing a wood storage rack that requires quite a few dados on 8' 2x4s. Early this afternoon, I was cutting those dados with pattern bit....turned off my plunge router.....I didn't wait for the bit to spin down. I flipped it over to adjust the base to adjust it to...
  9. K

PC 7518 motor

I have everything I need to build Norm's revised router table. Today I went to Woodcraft and found the PC 7518 motor on sale for $254.99. http://www.woodcraft.com/category/2081089/router-motors.aspx That is the lowest price I have seen on that router motor.
  10. K

Here's wishing everybody a Happy and Healthy New Year!
  11. K

Celebrating our 44th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday one of our adult granddaughters arrived with her 6 year old daughter and her 22 month old daughter to spend Christmas with us. Today Sharon and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary with them. I met her on a blind date....3 days later on our 4th date I asked her to marry me. She...
  12. K

Calling Dave Richards.....Paging Dave Richards......

Dave,Here's my first Sketchup project. This is a lumber storage rack that will be attached to the plywood walls in one corner of my shop.The software wouldn't allow me to upload a DAE file.....
  13. K

Cutting small parts without cutting me..........

Last June I bumped into our former (retired) family dentist. He said he'd heard I was a woodworker and he was wanting some help with a project. He showed me a rosary he had in his pocket. He asked if I thought I could cut the parts for the wooden cross. He wanted to make rosaries as gifts to...
  14. K

Pens and knife handles from antler?

My youngest son called with a question for which I have no experience or knowledge. When someone makes a pen or knife handle from deer antler4, what is used to seal the antler or bone? What is used to polish it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  15. K

Some recent photos.....

The wife and I took a drive. We ended up visiting my brother in Pinedale, WY. Leaving Pinedale, we drove to Jackson, WY crossed the Teton Pass into Idaho. Then north on the I-15 to I-90. We spent the night in Missoula, MT. That evening at Corrino's restaurtant, I discovered a new local brewery...
  16. K

Woodpecker PRL-V2

My wife is insisting that I do a shop project so I am going to do 2 "Norms" shop projects. The first will be Norms deluxe router table. I want a lift and a dedicated router so I am considering a Woodpecker PRL-V2 and will marry a PC-7518 router motor to it. Anybody have any experience with...
  17. K

Sharon's custom porch swing...

I bought the plans for Norm's porch swing. My wife didn't care for the size so I had to lengthen it and make it deeper. Break out the drawing board! She is visiting her Mom and wanted photos so she could show her the swing before Sharon returns home on Thursday. Did I mention....I miss her? It's...
  18. K

The things you have to learn for yourself.....

Well.....yesterday I got the upper and lower back rails and the front seat rail for the porch swing cut to length, ripped, jointed and planed to thickness. Then I cut the tenons on each end. Then I drew out on those 3 rails the 34 mortises that need to be cut........30 - 1/4" mrotises and 4 -...
  19. K

Things happen when you haven't had enough coffee!!!!!!!!!!

My wife's spoiled. Her Mom tells her that regularly when we call my MIL. Sharon has a metal swing on our small patio. It is a cheap eye-sore. I want it off the patio and the solution? I order plans for Norm's Porch Swing from NYW. The wife didn't like the size.....she wanted it...
  20. K

An experience, an observation and some advice...

I have had my MM-16 bandsaw for a number of years and this evening I had an interesting experience. While cutting some angled tenons on the seat support for a porch swing I'm building, the 1/2" blade broke. I can't remember having a blade break before. It was an interesting experience but not...