Search results

1. Yann Arbour

New Laundry Room - In Progress

A small update Today, I started to cut my strips of wood to length on my miter saw but I realized that my saw's gap was too wide and did not provide enough support to cut the thin strips of wood. As you can see, when I bring down the blade the wood has a tendency to lift. An accident waiting...
  2. Yann Arbour

Larry it's definatly the base for my cabinet but it's not fastened in place. As it stood earlier this evening. Tonight I installed the back plate and the shelf, mostly brads and carpenter's glue, for the shelf I used brass "L" brackets. While not particularily "chique"... they work :o...
  3. Yann Arbour

Hi all, Over the past months I have been busy making a laundry room in our house, unfortunatly I have not taken that many pictures, but I do have pics of me putting in the ceramic tiles. It's roughly 6' by 8'. Two walls were built in place, one with two outlets for the kitchen, the other with...
  4. Yann Arbour

For all those lumberjacks out there -- The V8 Chainsaw

Found this interesting. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EwyMX7PLlcQ http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=60Tamp2fHhg
  5. Yann Arbour

Temporary shop

Ok so this is a temporary installation because when spring get here all the tools go back into the shed. (It was kinda cold working in there at minus 35 centigrade.:D) And also because my wife wants to move the living room down here. So here goes. On the left you can see my miter saw set up...
  6. Yann Arbour

Lathe questions

Hey Fellas, I recently got this lathe from an old man who was getting rid of his tools. It's a Beaver model 3400 series made by Rockwell. I think I've got everything I need to start turning except a live center for the tailstock. My question is this; Does anybody know if all live centers are...
  7. Yann Arbour

Bet your gonna laugh...

I was sanding a piece of MDF for a project I'm working on and I wanted to use the bigger drums on my oscillating sander to get more material off quicker. As I started sanding I noticed that the sanding pads moved up the drum and wouldn't stay on and I didn't have any washer big enough so I had...
  8. Yann Arbour

Wardrobe shelves

Greeting y'all I'm planning to make some shelves in my son's wardrobe using 97"x12"x5/8" melamine and my SCMS. My question is does anyone have experience cutting dadoes in this stuff using only a thin kerf 100t blade on an SCMS? What was the process used? What was the end result? Would you do...
  9. Yann Arbour

Sawhorses for you soul

This here my friends my latest project a couple of sawhorses of I-Beam design featured on a couple of websites. It was finished yesterday. (It's not much to look at but you did say you wanted to see completed projects so there... :rofl: ). It's made completely out of scrap lumber found here...
  10. Yann Arbour

Kay hanger for new home

This is the key hanger I made when we moved into our new home over a year ago. Sorry about the poor quality picture I only have a webcam. Maybe with a little tweaking I'll get something better.
  11. Yann Arbour

Hello from northern Ontario!

Hi everyone, :wave: I'm a newbie woodworker and I was looking for a community of like minded individuals. It's seems I came to the right place. :D Professionally I'm a videoconferencing technician. I have a beautiful wife a 16 mo. old son and a daughter that's almost here (due in late...