Recent content by Tom Williams

1. T

Roofing Question

My shop roof is a low pitch, about 2 in 12 to 2 1/2 in 12. It currently has a rubber roof that was laid over OSB and the rubber has not stuck to the OSB well. Also, the rubber roof is ugly. The shop is attached to the back of the house. I want to install a new roof and I was thinking of...
  2. T

Any one have smoke clean up experience?

I have to clean up some smoke residue from burning candles in the living room. I purchased some dry sponges which have been working great, but they are now black. Does anyone here know if they can be cleaned, or do you just throw them away? I am 2 sponges into the project and can see the need...
  3. T

Porter Cable Plunge Base $20

This is listed in the Columbus Craig's List (not mine): plunge base for only $20. http://columbus.craigslist.org/tls/510360406.html
  4. T

Table saw insert question

How necessary is a hold down bolt on the front of a table saw insert? I know that the back or behind the blade needs something to hold the insert in place, but I am just not sure on the front. Sure would make making ZCIs a little easier.
  5. T

Band saw Blades for Sale

I recently added a riser block to my Delta BS which leaves me with some 93 1/2 in blades that I can not use. 1/8 inch 14 tpi Timberwolf never mounted and an 1/8 inch 14 tpi Olsen that was used for a couple of projects: both for $17.00 1/4 inch 6 tpi Lee Valley Viking blade. Off the card but...
  6. T

Installing glass in cabinet doors

I am nearing the end of the kitchen remodel and getting down to some final details. I built several cabinets and all of the doors for the project. I have 3 overhead cabinets that we are putting class in the doors. I have the rabbet in the door, but I am wondering what is the best way to...
  7. T

Cordless tool battery rebuild

I have 2 favorite drills that the batteries have gone south on me. The cost to replace these batteries would be more than the purchase price of a new cordless drill. However it appears that it should not be too difficult to open the case of the Panasonic to replace the cells. Anyone here (yes...
  8. T

So how did I mess up a mineral oil cutting board finish?

I recently completed a couple of maple cutting boards. I decided to use mineral oil for a finish. I applied a liberal coat of oil and let it set over night. Applied a second coat and let it sit over night. Then I melted bees wax into the oil, applied to the board and let it sit over night...