Recent content by Stephan Postmus

1. S

No Mortise Hinge Problem

Hello all, I come to you with a problem that has been plaguing me for awhile. I just completed another shaker clock, an exact copy from the popular woodworking magazine and I can't get the top door to stay closed.:huh: I know that the door is flat and level because I made sure of it and just...
  2. S

Steel City Tablesaw 35915G

Hello On January 20 2008 I bought a new table saw, the steel city saw model #35915G. That is what it is labelled in the flyer but the saw has a model #35912 on the base. It is the 3hp model with a granite top and 50" fence. I was planning to buy the cast iron model with the 30" fence but the...
  3. S

Last Project with Contractors Saw

Hello Everyone I haven't been around much lately because of everyday work and I was finishing up a couple of projects. This project was the last one I did with my Sears contractors saw. I had that saw for 8 years and I was just getting fed up with having to adjust the fence for square each...
  4. S

Joinery Question for pulpit base

First I want to thank everyone who has been helpful on my previous projects with suggestions, ideas and congratulations. For my next project I have been asked to build a pulpit/lectern for my pastor. Well I found one that he really likes and the picture is attached. I can figure out the...
  5. S

Wall Unit

Hello Here is a wall unit that I finished up this past spring, but haven't had the time to post it up on the forum because we don't have a digital camera so I had to wait till I could borrow one. The wall unit is the whole length of our living room on the west wall. When we moved into our new...
  6. S

Shaker Clock

Hello all, Here are a few pictures of a Shaker Clock I made for my parents 40th anniversary. I followed the plans from Wood Magazine Dec/Jan 2004-2005 and only made a few changes. The clock dial and movement were from Craftime Clockery. The hinges are no mortise hinges from Lee Valley and the...