Recent content by Ryan Mooney

1. Ryan Mooney

Previous owner "special wiring" and a tip for hanging stuff in drywall

Well it sure didn't work here (the amount of crimp wasn't great either which definitely didn't help). I was taught to always tug on wires when you fasten them however and in this case they obviously didn't do either.
  2. Ryan Mooney

Previous owner "special wiring" and a tip for hanging stuff in drywall

Replacing a fixture today and I go to undo the ground wire, it was crimped to the house ground with this ?thing?. I bumped it and the fixture ground just fell plump out of the "crimp". I dunno where they got it or what they were thinking using this, there was a ground screw on the fixture they...
  3. Ryan Mooney

Cedar bird houses

I dunno, I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion you're having to much fun with these to stop :D Maybe you need to sell a couple full price to finance the wood for some more charity options :)
  4. Ryan Mooney

New Shop

So I got to thinking about this some (I've been spending a lot of time painting my previous house to prep for sale which lends to a lot of time .. thinking..) and ended up looking it up. 50 acres is about 16% of Central park, or just under 10 manhattan city blocks. I met one of the new...
  5. Ryan Mooney

rant, customer service is almost gone in this country

I didn't actually know that was a service they offered.. Very interesting to know!
  6. Ryan Mooney

rant, customer service is almost gone in this country

We have a Costco membership, figured out that if we got a new set of tires every four years it paid for itself. Anyway they also have a car buying program so when I was shopping for a new truck I filled out the form. I got a call back from the dealer about an hour later, I knew pretty much...
  7. Ryan Mooney

New family member

IDK I was just rolling with it, LOML's dad had a cat for years . He was not however a cat person and refused to admit he actually liked the cat so ... he named the cat "dog". I'm going to name my next dog "Five Miles" so I can say "Welp gotta go walk Five Miles real quick".
  8. Ryan Mooney

One heck of a score!

My best score in this regard was probably twenty years ago now there was a small furniture manufacturer nearby where I got as much oak and lyptus wood as I could fit in my ranger for $200. Nothing over maybe 3’ long but I’ve gotten plenty of use from it. I also bought out the wood rack at an...
  9. Ryan Mooney

One heck of a score!

Hense my personal preference to rip with the bandsaw when feasible. I've even had it pinch the blade in that case which was still exciting... but not AS exciting.
  10. Ryan Mooney

One heck of a score!

Wow! That’ll keep you occupied for just a bit
  11. Ryan Mooney

Record Player Table

Yep, also you've been sitting close to it for a long time which gives you plenty of detailed knowledge of all of the flaws. Someone looking from the outside will basically never see them. Short story: I redid our bathroom in a rather decent italian tile some years ago. If I dare say so it...
  12. Ryan Mooney

Record Player Table

Wow, nice work! I can see why the Miters gave you fits given both the number, the angle, and the fussy fit with them being so exposed visually. They came out looking great though, and to echo Ted's comment, very cool design!
  13. Ryan Mooney

New Shop

Good idea, I think my first pass is pressure washing but a second (or .. third..) pass sure wouldn't hurt anything at all.
  14. Ryan Mooney

A sad update.

This said everything I was thinking more succinctly. I have faith you'll keep fighting the good fight and keep my fingers crossed for more options opening up!
  15. Ryan Mooney

Richard Raffan video on boxes

Kind of a fun full circle story! Being featured on a Raffan video is definitionally having "arrived" as a woodturner :D