Recent content by Richard Leshner

1. Richard Leshner

I'm in trouble now..

On my way to the bank this morning what did I see having a Grand Opening? A Harbor Freight store just a few miles from the house.:eek:I better cut up all my credit cards.:rolleyes: The loml doesn't let me have cash so I'm safe there.:rofl:
  2. Richard Leshner

Any handgun shooters?

I just got a new handgun after about 25 years now need to get some good ear protection. I've already lost about 45 % of my hearing in my good ear.:eek: I'd rather not loose more. are custom ear molds better than the headsets? Just looking for options. Will add pixs as soon as I get home...
  3. Richard Leshner

Nova DVR XP on sale at Woodcraft

They have the DVR XP for 1699.99. Excellent deal. Richard 'Butch' Leshner
  4. Richard Leshner

Sad couple of weeks for me.

I went to spend Easter Week with my Parents in south Texas. 2 days prior to my departure my father ended up having emergency surgery. Needless to say I left for Texas right away on Wed. April 4Th. (was supposed to leave on Sat.) Because of weather I missed my connecting flight out of Huston so...
  5. Richard Leshner

Router Table

Well you guys talked me out of the small jet shaper, so I started getting parts to put together a router table, almost 800 into it without the top!!! For now I'm just going to put a top on a stand, I'll build a cabinet later. Any hints on a good size? I have the incra ls positioner 17 inch, pc...
  6. Richard Leshner

Router Table or Shaper?

Today I was at western tool looking at the benchdog tablesaw router extension whatever you call it. The extension plate and router will cost almost as much as the Jet 1.5hp shaper? Would there be a reason not to just go with the small shaper? Thanks for any advice:dunno:
  7. Richard Leshner

Question for Vaughn

My loml saw your quilt board and loved it. She's asked mt to make her some:eek: :eek: . Do you have a tutorial for those like you do for the 3d boards? Thanks
  8. Richard Leshner

Just playing around

this is just pine, no finish. I thought I'd try captive rings. I got a captive ring tool for christmas.:D Hmmm wont let me upload files says they are too big.. I'll try to resize the post later.:(
  9. Richard Leshner

My first Bowl

This bowl was made from some oak I had laying around. Boy is this hard to turn, I definately need a class in turning. Please be gentle with me, I think it came out ok And my lathe with shavings .
  10. Richard Leshner

My new toy

I picked this up last saturday. There were a few fit and finish problems. :dunno: I posted them to Technatool's website sunday afternoon and had a call from New Zealand by 4pm sunday.:thumb: The one item that prevented me from using the machine was hand carried to the USA by a technatool...
  11. Richard Leshner

Quick question

The new member and member tags on your name, how does it change from new member to member? The # of posts, some period of time? just curious.:dunno: Thanks
  12. Richard Leshner

NEW Lathe

Hi fellow turners. I'm in the process of choosing a new lathe, I've found a Jet mini vs with extension and stand for 495 or the Grizzly G0462 for 484 delivered. Which one would be the better of the 2 ? Looking for help will be ordering the end of this week. Thanks for the help. PS I have to...