Recent content by Raymond Gerdes

1. R

I have some b'ois arc -----------

some very large posts and 1 pc 18' 8x8 squared "post". I will give you the posts and the large one I'd sell for 25 dollars. I always thought to make a mantle from it. They are at my Schulenburg farm and I think the only way would be to pickup with utility trailer. If I ever learn to do...
  2. R

PBS in North Texas

I know there are several of us who get channel KERA fpr PBS. I have been in correspondence with them about the saturday scheduling. How we aren't getting the DIY shows lately. They asure me that after the current Pledge Drive we will get our TOH, Hometime, etc and Woodsmith will join on in...
  3. R

Wrecklamation on Green Channel

If you live in the Chicago area this gal has some tremendous bargins. If it was in the DFW area I would be a regular. As I understand the Green channel you can go on line and see whole episodes. It is a long way from the Habitat for Humanities store we have here in Denton. From my square head...
  4. R

FYI __________

I was at LOWES in Denton this am for a couple shop lites. They gave me a special sheet in the commerical section that has some good special thru the 20th. 20% off all compressor nailer kits 1/2 price all-purpose polyseal. This is a very good adhesive caulk. 20% off all bench top and...
  5. R

Do you know where---

I can buy a planar head for a Craftsman 10" RAS. I know that about ten years ago Sears sold them, but I guess product liability took them off the market. What I want to do is make laps on some laminated beam ends that I have. Also possible is mount an old dado head I have on the RAS and cut...
  6. R

In a thread a couple weeks ago we discussed GLUING plastic.

Specifically HDPE and HMW plastics. Today I had to go to Dallas on business and I stopped by the plastics company that gave me my starter pieces. Today they gave me a 3/4" piece 6" x 72" and a 3/8" piece about the same dimensions. This kind of piece at Rocker is high dollar; I suitably thanx...
  7. R

"original jimmy jig"

I was googling something and this "original jimmy jig" came up. The idea of the entire saw being incorporated into a sliding table seems very sensible. Does anyone have an exposure to it. They want $15 for a download; I really don't have enuf info to decide if it's worth the "gamble". What...
  8. R

"new" rip fence for old craftsman TS

I have an old craftman TS that is an excellent machine and I use it more that the newer one. The reason, I particularly like the saw is I can take the heavy parts apart and I am able to move it easily. It has a couple problems that I would solicit your help with. 1. The rip fence is old and...
  9. R

Bargins at SEARS

Today I went to Sears; they had sent me Craftman Club -- LATE AS USUAL and a 10% off coupon, so I went to see what I couldn't live without. In the clearance section they had a desktop sander; combination disk and belt. It was marked down from $149 to $89. I told the clerk to mark off another...
  10. R

A newbie

I want to thank the forum for allowing me to participate. I came across the forum before Xmas and have loosly followed, and I believe I should partipate. I first did woodwork in JHS shop; as I am sure many of you did. I remember the shop teacher and him going off to WWII. It is hard to...