Recent content by Mike Stafford

1. Mike Stafford

Getting kind of loud here

There was an article in the paper here about how we should be careful while the cicadas are marching toward their deaths. The article said that copperhead snakes like to feed on cicadas. Who would have thunk it?
  2. Mike Stafford

rant, customer service is almost gone in this country

Just remember when you are dealing with a machine on the phone to say this word strongly and clearly, "REPRESENTATIVE! Representative, I said. Give me a dadgum representative! Do you hear me? REPRESENTATIVE!"
  3. Mike Stafford

In search of maecenatism

If there is a cougar out there that wants me I am willing...not necessarily able but willing.:rolleyes:
  4. Mike Stafford

In search of maecenatism

Those of us who attempt to sell some of our work to offset the cost of tools, wood and supplies are always in need of a sugar daddy or mama. I hope I can find a patron or patroness soon as my mad money is running out.
  5. Mike Stafford

You just never know...

We live on a cul-de-sac with almost all of our neighbors in their 60's or 70's with one exception. The newest family to the street has a daughter who is a freshman in college. Sunday afternoon, the father of that young woman had a massive heart attack and died while his wife and daughter were...
  6. Mike Stafford

New family member

Rennie, thanks for trying to bail me out but I are what I am.....:giggle:
  7. Mike Stafford

New family member

This is what happens when you are sitting for two dogs and haven't been around any dogs for a while. All I can think about is dogs at the moment because the two little dogs that are spending time with us never let us forget for even a minute that they are here. We do enjoy having them but they...
  8. Mike Stafford

Just curious…

I cannot offer an enlightened explanation for why your repairman cannot mail it back to you. Mailing things overseas is sort of complicated by the post office. They require additional paperwork and declaration forms that take a few extra minutes but I have done it shipping items to England...
  9. Mike Stafford

New family member

Good looking dog!
  10. Mike Stafford

Dog sitting

These pups know us well. We have been taking them in a couple of times each year for many years now. They know we will spoil them. I love dogs and so does my wife. Our little pup died years back and it is good therapy for us to have these furry little girls sitting in our laps. What is it the...
  11. Mike Stafford

Dog sitting

The in-laws dropped off their cute little dogs at our place on the way to the beach. Both of them are mutts but they are adorable mutts. They are getting old. One is 13 and the other is 10. We get to spoil them for a week. I am really good at spoiling kids and dogs. Nothing I would rather...
  12. Mike Stafford

One heck of a score!

Well, I have never scored anything as wonderful as those two pallets of curly maple. If I did I would gloat about it. :D Heck, I am going to gloat about it to my woodworking buddies at our monthly luncheon. I can almost guarantee none of them know anyone they have never met who has made such a...
  13. Mike Stafford

One heck of a score!

Looks like a lot of primo platter stock if you are a turner.(y)
  14. Mike Stafford

Record Player Table

A very imaginative design done very well. It is an attractive piece of furniture that should become an heirloom in the family.
  15. Mike Stafford

Weather

The other half probably needs water....