Recent content by Mike Heidrick

1. Mike Heidrick

$275 Laguna Driftmaster on amazon - free ship

I am enamored with my new Laguna Driftmaster. They are now on Amazon and being fufilled by them as well. That means free shipping!! And $3.99 overnight if you have Prime!! The price there is $275 which is MUCH better than the $399 of just a few months ago, Anyway heads up if you are looking at a...
  2. Mike Heidrick

14" Bandsaw and RSK Carbide Blade?

I have been running the Resaw King on my MM20. I really like how smooth it cuts and how easily it resaws. My buddy has my old Jet 14" with the riser he has yet to install. The band on my Resaw King looks like it would have no issue being tensioned properly on a smaller saw. Then to make it more...
  3. Mike Heidrick

Laguna Driftmaster Install Walkthrough on my Mini Max MM20

Second walkthrough of the week. This one is on installing the Laguna Driftmaster on my MM20. Thanks to Guyk, and John for helpful advice and info as I planned out my install. Driftmaster Walkthrough Homepage Feel free to comment or ask any questions. Mikie
  4. Mike Heidrick

Laguna Ceramic Guide Install Walkthourgh on my Minimax MM20

I made a site with a walkthrough for the install of the Laguna Ceramic Guides on my Minimax MM20 bandsaw. Robert Medley originally sent me some pics which made my own personal install go well and allowed me to shoot pictures for a walkthough much easier. I know several people have ordered new...
  5. Mike Heidrick

Laguna products - Driftmaster and Ceramic Guides

Have you guys read the deals on Woodnet in their "for sale" section on the Laguna products?? Great deals IMO ($295 for a driftmaster and $40 off the ceramic guides). I am interested in the ceramic guides and the driftmaster both. Who is using these two products??? Do you like them? What saw...
  6. Mike Heidrick

Just a bookcase - needed work on some new skills and techniques (pics)

I needed a bookcase for the growing number of WW books I have consuming my night stands. I also wanted to try out a couple new techniques/skills before using them on a paying job (TV stand). Here is the pre-stained/pre-lacquer result. It was the first project use of my low angle jack, my first...
  7. Mike Heidrick

Bedrock 603 and Miller Falls Type 10 Evaporust cleanup

Bedrock 603 before cleanup with Evaporust After 6 hour soak: Miller Falls Type 10 before cleanup After 5 hour soak. Now just need to sharpen everthing!
  8. Mike Heidrick

Shop Tour Tonight (pics) - Feel free to post yours as well.

I am hosting a shop tour tonight (one of two tours tonight for our WW club and friends). I have been cleaning up and rearranging the shop over the last month. My goal was 8' in and out for the tablesaw, jointer, planer, and bandsaw. I am also hosting (and attending) a handcut dovetail class in...
  9. Mike Heidrick

deleted

deleted
  10. Mike Heidrick

If you could buy any cordless drill, which would it be?

We are going to do a woodworking club cordless drill review tomorrow at lunch (monthly woodworking meeting). I am looking for input on what the forum community would purchase if you could buy any cordless drill and why. Also if you have cordless impact, and cordless screw driver preference...
  11. Mike Heidrick

Dewalt Top 17 Voting is open

The voting has started. My project is here: Mike Heidrick's Top 17 Contest Play Kitchen. If you like the play kitchen and can appreciate a WW project for a kid I sure could use your vote. I worked pretty hard on this - during the weekends and at night as I have a full time 60+ hour regular...
  12. Mike Heidrick

After two more long nights in the shop......

I got the kitchen pieces done by the contest deadline of 11/24/2008. Even added a working light in the oven. Wood is red oak from LaVern in IN and red oak ply from Menards. Oven rack is a closet shelf. Sink is a restaurant pan. Doors and drawers are hardwood glue ups. Drawers are 4 cornered...
  13. Mike Heidrick

Megan's PlayKitchen - Going to need some help from everyone next week!

Guys I have four days left. I am getting close. If you like my childs play kitchen project, and you have a few seconds to spare, I would appreciate a vote next week (voting starts next Monday) at Dewalt.com for the Top 17 finish carpenters contest. You may have to register on the site to vote. I...
  14. Mike Heidrick

Dewalt DWS520SK vs Festool TS55EQ - long with pictures

Well here we go. This will out line some differences in the two saws for everyone. I borrowed a buddies TS55 and we compared them head to head. Physically they are very close in size and weight. The Dewalt is slightly taller and wider by about one inch. The Festool Systainer is much nicer...
  15. Mike Heidrick

Dewalt Tracksaw first use and pictures

Many of you may have read my threads on woodnet or saw mill creek about the Dewalt Contest I am a finalist in. One of the tools we were given (to keep) is the upcoming Dewalt Tracksaw that is soon to be out in the US. Thought I would share this thread with you folks as well in case you are...