Recent content by John Hart

1. J

Suggestion for a propane heater?

Hi Jeff, I suggest one of these things. It runs on kerosine...heats 1000 sq feet for 12 hours on a little less than 2 gallons. Has no odor, designed for indoors. 23,000 Btu. Might be just the ticket for those occasional cold snaps...or until you get your furnace rockin'. $120.
  2. J

Amish Customs

I cleaned the shop!! I spent the day yesterday cleaning the shop. Here's some updated pics as of this morning.
  3. J

Amish Customs

Thanks everyone! Yep...this is a dream come true. I don't care if it takes the rest of my life to do all the things I want to do with this place. I can die here. Right now, the amish boys are out hammering away in the atrium. They kicked me out because I just slow them down.:rolleyes: At...
  4. J

Amish Customs

The first thing on the agenda was to install electricity. No big deal....just dig a 300 foot trench, lay 300 feet of 4-ought cable, wire the whole property, get it inspected, pass inspection the first time, have the electric company come out and install a transformer and hook us up! No...
  5. J

Amish Customs

Hi everyone. As promised, I would like to post a little progress report on our move out to Amish Country in Middlefield Ohio. Since I'm new here, I suppose it would be inappropriate for me to just post the latest stage in the project...So, I'll take it from the beginning. A long time ago...
  6. J

John Hart

Sheesh! Horses. I took this picture this morning out the back door. Is this close enough? We gots no horses. But the neigh neighbors have 12. 10 retired racehorses and 2 Clydesdales. They've offered to allow us to ride them anytime and let the girls learn how to take care of them. Our...