Recent content by Garry Foster

1. Garry Foster

Remembering Niki

Did anything ever develop on the book effort?
  2. Garry Foster

Books For Sale

Since we moved and downsized I don't really have room for these books. So I would like to move them on to someone else that could enjoy them.. Battery dying will finish post later Garry
  3. Garry Foster

My ultra slow move to Ohio.

Well as I have said before we are in the process of moving to Ohio and actually closed on a house there in January. I decided to wait till spring and then start. I had no idea how tough this would be. We have taken about 7 pickup and trailer loads over and last week a 26 foot truck plus pickup...
  4. Garry Foster

Worn cabinet doors under the handles

I have some cabinet doors that are really worn under the pulls. So woren stain won't help much. They are fake cherry with pretty nice hardware. Has anyone ever made a plate to put under something like this. Just trying to put a Sunday shirt on this old house to sell. The two most used doors...
  5. Garry Foster

For Sale area

Has there been any thought of creating a for sale area fro members. Or am I just not finding it today?
  6. Garry Foster

How old school is Fire Spotting? Interesting Video of Saddleback lookout in Ca.

Where Tony lives 10 days at a time great morning view. Inereesting after all the talk of Ca. Fires..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYfo4WEepK4 Garry
  7. Garry Foster

Adirondack Chair ? Not real sure it qualifies but really a neat project..

Is it or not? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEYwmSk0ZAg
  8. Garry Foster

Foley Saw filer for sale.

Foley Bellsaw 387 for sale now with pictures. Here is more detail on the Saw Filer I have. It is a Foley Belsaw Model 387. Comes with several chucks for files, some files, a new rubber drive wheel and as far as I know is ccomplete. Located in Lancaster, Pa.. Could be in Akron, Ohio...
  9. Garry Foster

Foley Saw filer for sale.

I have a Folley auto saw filer I bought several years ago when things were looking dismal at work. Determined to never go to work for anyone other than myself of the job did fall through I bought several various pieces as insurance. One of these was an old but I don't think Foley auto saw filer...
  10. Garry Foster

Good use for old Magizines..

Here is a pile of Magazines on it's way to Jon's students. I hope they enjoy them as much as I have over the years... Garry
  11. Garry Foster

So has anyone moved on to Mach 4?

As the title asks have any of you tried Mach 4. It has been slow coming along but seems to be getting there. Since Art sold ArtSoft mach 3 seems to be unsupported more and more. I bought a copy when first released along with the PP driver but haven't done anything with it other than get it...
  12. Garry Foster

Good News...

Ned is back and working hard to satisfy his backers.... I won't re-post the emai I got as I haven't asked for permission but lets just say it seems Ned, Family and what must be a very good friend are trying to make things right. Best wishes to him and those helping him out! Garry
  13. Garry Foster

Wanted some Boxelder pen blanks.

We I have a need for about 10 Box Elder wood pen blanks. They don't need to be real fancy ones but long enough for slimlines. I need to make 10 or so for gifts. I the latest pen blank swap I was involved in there was at least one as I have it. I think it came from Paul... I also need a few...
  14. Garry Foster

Edit Thread subject/Title.

A question for those in the know. How do you edit the thread title in a thread you started. Like to add Completed or something. Like Glen just did.. Thanks
  15. Garry Foster

Welding or not? Now add some wood...

Now with woodworking Well I have finished up the little 3 point carry-all. Had some pretty nice pallet wood laying around for 6-7 years, so that became the wood. This stuff was hardwood and pretty thick. So I planed them all down to the same thickness and then used the table say and a strip of...