Recent content by Dan Noren

1. Dan Noren

let the fun commence!!!

today, on the first of 2 days off, got all the elm cut to length for 5 large advent candle holders, 5 celtic cross candle holders, and 15 jerusalem cross candle holders (elm with walnut smaller crosses). got a couple of last laser tests in too.
  2. Dan Noren

found something to do with some left over wood

finished engraving the last 7 yesterday. going to do the finish work today.
  3. Dan Noren

Well, it is the redneck version... lol
  4. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

part 2 of the coasters....
  5. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

finished the last of the coasters today. here they are...
  6. Dan Noren

started in on the laser engraving today. going to shellac when all are done.
  7. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

correction, that is 36 out of 216. there are 180 done...
  8. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

10 designs down, 2 to go. for 36 out of a total of 196 to go....
  9. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

got another 60 done today. the usmc, the sweating your glass off, and a new design.
  10. Dan Noren

i was originally going to do the advent candle holders in pine, then laser, but, could not get all of the cupping out (very slight now). then, it hit me, time to resurrect an old project. these will be the new version of rednece 10 commandments. cut the length down to 10 inches, and scorched the...
  11. Dan Noren

more fun with the laser

production has begun! got all of the army, navy, and air force coaster sets done. now i have to wait for the next day off to get more done.
  12. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

the sausage guy said that he smokes them until they hit a temp of 160 degrees, keeps them at that temp, then lets them cool down a bit in the smoker.
  13. Dan Noren

polish sausage mk2

of the 11 lbs that i kept (5 lbs went to pop), i wound up with 11 packages of 4, weighing at a little over a pound each. 1 goes to a coworker, 3 go into the fridge, the rest go into the freezer...