Recent content by Barry Richardson

1. Barry Richardson

Big walnut vase

Don't mean to pile on, but over the hollidays I had to finsh up a few projects. This is made from a piece of walnut I brought back from Missouri, taken from a downed tree in my parents yard. I't kinda special cause my parents sold the farm last summer after 55 years (where me and my 6 siblings...
  2. Barry Richardson

Desert Ironwood SHF

Bet your wondering what SHF is, why, it's semi-hollow form:). Didn't think this rated the more exclusive HF designation. Anyhow, about 8"wide by 6" high, The design was driven by my desire to expose the most heartwood while still keeping the sapwood and a natural lip. It came out with a kind of...
  3. Barry Richardson

Mesquite pieces

Here is a couple of thing I've turned lately. The urn is 11"wide by 9"high. The bowl is 10" wide by 4.5" high. Urn has walnut accents. Sorry only one view of the bowl, the rest were fuzzy. Finished with Antique oil, haven't buffed them yet. Cheers, Barry
  4. Barry Richardson

dining table

Well, Ihaven't been around much lately because I had a couple of large (for me) flat work comissions to do. One was two sets of library cabinet/shelves made from alder and delivered unfinished (sorry, didn't get any pics) and the last was a dining table for a lady that nearly drove me...
  5. Barry Richardson

Good deal on Dremel oscillating multi-tool

If your looking for one of these, looks like a pretty good deal. http://woot.com/ This is one of those deal-a-day websites, (the original, I think) they mostly have electronic stuff, but occasionally they will have tools.
  6. Barry Richardson

Spalted HF

This is another one made from wood that Larry sent me. Red Maple; spalt, figure, voids, qiute a bit going on. It was almost too far gone in the spalting, very pecky. I gave it a good soaking with full strength poly, let it harden a few days, then turned to finish, it worked great. The top and...
  7. Barry Richardson

Saving an image from sketchup???

I'm a rookie at sketchup:o. I'm trying to save a picture of a design, so I can email it to a potential customer. The customer doesn't have sketchup, so I need to convert a pic of the project to a 2-D JPEG. All the "save" options on sketchup seem to save it in the sketchup program. I see...
  8. Barry Richardson

bowl d'larry

Okay Larry, here's a quick-pic of somethin i made from your wood. I even named it after you. Spalted red maple, with desert ironwood, about 7"across. I made another one very similar, out of the same chunk, a while back but with more character in the spalting/grain, but I cant find it:dunno:. I...
  9. Barry Richardson

Some lumpy flatwork

Finished this piece a couple weeks ago. Since I got about as much time cutting/trimming/gluing this piece as I do turning, I figured I'd sneak it in here. Started out as a honduran mahogany plank. I cut it 3 1/8" squares. Numbered them to get them back in order. glude common pine around the...
  10. Barry Richardson

See ya in a couple of weeks!

I'm heading out on a road trip to North Missouri today to visit family, While gone I'll be "off the grid" for the most part, Yahoo!!
  11. Barry Richardson

Recent turnings

First is a big segmented vase 12"x28" mesquite and walnut. Southwest style. It took quite a while, doubt if I will go that big again, unless, of course someone pays me lots of money to:D Next is an Asian style HF from Willow Acacia. Man I love that stuff, It's so stable I left the pith in the...
  12. Barry Richardson

Saved one

Well I was turning this nice piece of cherry that I got from Larry M. and it was turning so nice, I forgot to stop and cut through the side when hollowing it:(. I was just sick about the whole thing. But then I remembered an idea someone posted about making a wall thingy in this situation. I...
  13. Barry Richardson

New turnings, *#8 and the LAST*

Finally took the time to photo what i've made recently. Rather that shotgun them all in one post, I'll show them one at at a time over the next few days (to prolong your pleasure:rolleyes:) First up is a cherry HF made from a chunk that Larry M gave me, thanks again Larry!:thumb: About 10" dia...
  14. Barry Richardson

Jet 1642EVS2 on sale

Got this in an email ad. Checked Amazon and they have it at this price with free shipping. Pretty sweet deal; wish I had room for it:(. http://x.jmxded27.net/w.z?j=233229639&m=F8B12BE6B40147F4BFC4546128203EDA
  15. Barry Richardson

Jewelry Box

Here is a jewelry box I made at the request of my brother for his daughter's birthday. She will be 7 years old and is starting to get interested in jewelry. The box is about 6"x12" by 4" deep. Did a little inlay on the top and had a friend laser engrave her name in it. The last one is another...